Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 09:46 PM

1,175 posts, read 486,294 times

Advertisements

I just thought about the situation, all teams that are 7th seeded and higher, so 14 teams, if they draft bronny, then give a super high price to trade bronny to the lakers, lakers cant afford the big pricetag, and this forces lebron to come, this will make the new team title contenders next year. Most 7th seeded teams already have an all star and a former all star, at minnimum. I dont see bronny slipping to the second round if teams think lebron can still average 22 ppg next year.

If those teams dont have the cap space, lebron might have to take less, or stay in los angeles while his son is somewhere else going back and forth in the g league /nba bench.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2024, 08:01 AM

1,356 posts, read 2,652,881 times
It would be a great way for LeBron to end his career if they can swing Bronny to the Cavs and LeBron goes there. And if somehow they keep Donovan Mitchell, too, then the Cavs would be looking decent next year.

Old 05-26-2024, 10:38 AM

30,379 posts, read 11,990,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
It would be a great way for LeBron to end his career if they can swing Bronny to the Cavs and LeBron goes there. And if somehow they keep Donovan Mitchell, too, then the Cavs would be looking decent next year.
That is assuming LeBron wants to go back to Cleveland. As a Laker fan I am all for trading LeBron for someone of value. Personally I would want Mitchell. If you are going to trade LeBron who can still put up 25 a game plus the rebounds and assists you need something equal back. Throw in Dlow or Reaves if necessary. All Mitchell has on Lebron is his age. That would make the Cavs a contender in the east. Garland is a excellent young guard who plays in Mitchell's shadow. He could drop 25 a game. Lakers would get younger with AD and Mitchell. Win Win. And LeBron would have an easier path to the finals. The west is too loaded. Lets not forget the Cavs would also get Bronny. Potential 6th man of the year.
Look at the Cavs starters:

Allen
Mobley
LeBron
Reaves
Garland

Lakers:
AD
Hachimura
Vanderbilt / Prince
Mitchell
Dlow

Old 05-26-2024, 12:20 PM

14,767 posts, read 14,752,723 times
The Cavs would be foolish to trade Mitchell unless he really wants out. I think the Lakers will take him undrafted just to keep Lebron happy. Other teams I don’t see wasting a pick to try to lure Lebron, who doesn’t have many years left in the tank.

Old 05-26-2024, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The Cavs would be foolish to trade Mitchell unless he really wants out. I think the Lakers will take him undrafted just to keep Lebron happy. Other teams I don’t see wasting a pick to try to lure Lebron, who doesn’t have many years left in the tank.
But many late first round picks, from 20 +, usually those players are out of the league in a few years after their rookie contract is over. If your a 7th seeded team or higher, have a pick in the 20's, take bronny, get lebron through free agency, and now your a title contender. It makes too much sense.

Lebron can stay in la, make max money and endorsements, or go and play with bronny, make less money, but endorsements will be more since he and bronny will be in a massive spotlight, so him and bronny together makes more money, so this might force lebron to go to bronnys team.

Old 05-26-2024, 03:44 PM

7,523 posts, read 4,767,577 times
I see him a good fit for a PBA team. That way he'll match up one day against Lebron's other son there - Lebron Lopez.

Old 05-26-2024, 06:43 PM

3,902 posts, read 4,486,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is assuming LeBron wants to go back to Cleveland. As a Laker fan I am all for trading LeBron for someone of value. Personally I would want Mitchell. If you are going to trade LeBron who can still put up 25 a game plus the rebounds and assists you need something equal back. Throw in Dlow or Reaves if necessary. All Mitchell has on Lebron is his age. That would make the Cavs a contender in the east. Garland is a excellent young guard who plays in Mitchell's shadow. He could drop 25 a game. Lakers would get younger with AD and Mitchell. Win Win. And LeBron would have an easier path to the finals. The west is too loaded. Lets not forget the Cavs would also get Bronny. Potential 6th man of the year.
Look at the Cavs starters:

Allen
Mobley
LeBron
Reaves
Garland

Lakers:
AD
Hachimura
Vanderbilt / Prince
Mitchell
Dlow
I like this scenario. I think on paper this works well for everyone. Only issue would be is the Cleveland owner and Lebron ready to do this for a third time. They have a complicated history to put it mildly.

Talking heads are saying that Allen is very likely to get traded. He and Mobley are not a good fit.
Cleveland would need to be VERY careful with this. Getting way older as a team when you make this trade, shortens the championship window which becomes a win now situation, yet being careful to not allow Lebron to destroy the long term future of the franchise with dumb trades and win now moves. His son would be just another distraction to add to the list of headaches that come with Lebron. And for all that, is that lineup above beating Boston? I say no. So they would need a few other moves to be a true title contender.

Old 05-26-2024, 06:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 14,752,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Lebron can stay in la, make max money and endorsements, or go and play with bronny, make less money, but endorsements will be more since he and bronny will be in a massive spotlight, so him and bronny together makes more money, so this might force lebron to go to bronnys team.
That's assuming Bronny would even make a 15-man roster when he's averaging 5 points on a mid team in college. I guess it's possible a team could waste the spot like Milwaukee is with Thanasis, but would Lebron really be that valuable to a team like Giannis is to the Bucks?

Old 05-26-2024, 06:54 PM

Quote:
That's assuming Bronny would even make a 15-man roster when he's averaging 5 points on a mid team in college. I guess it's possible a team could waste the spot like Milwaukee is with Thanasis, but would Lebron really be that valuable to a team like Giannis is to the Bucks?
A 5th seeded team this year, with lebron next year, will have a good shot of the finals next year. Lebron is that valuable. Bronny is a millionaire many times over due to his NIL. He will make millions with his endorsements, doing interviews next to his dad after some games.

Old 05-27-2024, 03:03 AM

24,904 posts, read 9,655,577 times
Quote:
Undrafted means Bronny will get a 2 way contract, and Rich Paul has already rejected that notion.

Quote:
Bronny James ‘absolutely’ won’t sign two-way NBA contract: Rich Paul
https://nypost.com/2024/05/24/sports...act-rich-paul/

If someone is dire enough to waste a draft pick for the possibility of getting an old Lebron, that's the only way this works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball