Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2024, 08:39 AM

16,174 posts, read 7,144,920 times

Advertisements

I will be picking up family at Delta Arrival (gate A) at 10.45 PM. Ugh.
I am very uneasy driving at night but I do need to go as other means are not possible.
Usually I just watch for the gate and Arrivals when we could pick up at the curb. Now I cannot wait at the curb and Logan recommends the Cell phone lot.
Have you used to cell phone lot for pick up?
I am driving south from Andover. What is the simplest way to manage this after I take the exit for the airport?
Any helpful suggestions and advice welcome.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 08:50 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,205,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I will be picking up family at Delta Arrival (gate A) at 10.45 PM. Ugh.
I am very uneasy driving at night but I do need to go as other means are not possible.
Usually I just watch for the gate and Arrivals when we could pick up at the curb. Now I cannot wait at the curb and Logan recommends the Cell phone lot.
Have you used to cell phone lot for pick up?
I am driving south from Andover. What is the simplest way to manage this after I take the exit for the airport?
Any helpful suggestions and advice welcome.
Thank you.
I assume you'll be coming in via I-93 and then take the Callahan into Logan. Honestly, just follow the signs for the Cell Phone Lot. It can seem a bit out of the way and confusing after you take the exit, but you should be able to find it.

My only tip would be on the pickup. At that hour of night, it could be a s**tshow jockeying for position with other cars on the arrivals level. Even if your party has checked baggage, have them take the escalator up one level, and pick them up on the departures level instead. It will be a lot calmer as almost no Delta flights depart that late.

Old 05-18-2024, 08:58 PM

2,365 posts, read 1,803,434 times
Isn't the Sumner closed right now?

Old 05-20-2024, 06:48 AM

12,996 posts, read 22,175,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I assume you'll be coming in via I-93 and then take the Callahan into Logan. Honestly, just follow the signs for the Cell Phone Lot. It can seem a bit out of the way and confusing after you take the exit, but you should be able to find it.

My only tip would be on the pickup. At that hour of night, it could be a s**tshow jockeying for position with other cars on the arrivals level. Even if your party has checked baggage, have them take the escalator up one level, and pick them up on the departures level instead. It will be a lot calmer as almost no Delta flights depart that late.
This is good advice, though for some reason I’ve seen both passengers and picker-uppers bristle at the suggestion. Maybe they don’t understand how easy it is? Regardless, if both parties meet on the Departures level, it’ll save some hassle at that time of night. OP - just follow the “Departures” signs when going to the airport. Your passenger just has to go directly up one level from the baggage claim to the floor where the check-in counters are and meet you out those doors.

But to answer the OP’s question, just follow the signs to the cell phone lot. It’s well marked. And the terminals are also well marked. If you’re super anxious about it you could just go to Central Parking and pay the $9 for an hour. You can walk tot he terminal and meet them at the baggage claim, then walk back to your car and leave. My mother hates driving around the airport and always does this rather than trying to coordinate a pickup.

Old 05-20-2024, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
This is good advice, though for some reason I’ve seen both passengers and picker-uppers bristle at the suggestion. Maybe they don’t understand how easy it is? Regardless, if both parties meet on the Departures level, it’ll save some hassle at that time of night. OP - just follow the “Departures” signs when going to the airport. Your passenger just has to go directly up one level from the baggage claim to the floor where the check-in counters are and meet you out those doors.

But to answer the OP’s question, just follow the signs to the cell phone lot. It’s well marked. And the terminals are also well marked. If you’re super anxious about it you could just go to Central Parking and pay the $9 for an hour. You can walk tot he terminal and meet them at the baggage claim, then walk back to your car and leave. My mother hates driving around the airport and always does this rather than trying to coordinate a pickup.
Thank you for all the good suggestions. My son and his wife are arriving with their baby, so they will have quite a bit to carry. I will check with them, as this sounds like a good option.

The $9 Central parking sounds good to me as well. How do i find the Delta Arrival from there?
Sorry for sounding so ignorant, but night time driving is uncomfortable for me, so i try to understand the layout. Logan seems so much more complex than other airports such as LAX.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:24 AM

12,996 posts, read 22,175,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Thank you for all the good suggestions. My son and his wife are arriving with their baby, so they will have quite a bit to carry. I will check with them, as this sounds like a good option.

The $9 Central parking sounds good to me as well. How do i find the Delta Arrival from there?
Sorry for sounding so ignorant, but night time driving is uncomfortable for me, so i try to understand the layout. Logan seems so much more complex than other airports such as LAX.
Domestic Delta flights arrive at Terminal A*, so you're going to park and walk to Terminal A. If you park at Central Parking, you can walk to Terminal A across the pedestrian sky bridge. When you pull into the garage, just look for the Terminal A signs (it's a blue square) which will help you park closest to the terminal (you can get to it from anywhere in the garage, but it's a big garage, so parking closer is more convenient). When you get out of the car - same thing - follow the pedestrian signs to Terminal A. The buttons on the elevator will even tell you which floor you need to be on to access the terminal. Arriving passengers arrive down by the baggage claim, so once you're in Terminal A, take the elevator or escalator down to the ground/baggage claim level (again, it's all well marked). There are screens when you get into the terminal.

Worth noting, that the $9 is for the first hour. If you park longer than that, it goes up quickly (I think it's $25ish for 2 hours). So don't get there too early.

*Delta uses Terminal E for all international arrivals and some domestic operations. The vast majority of Delta operations are still out of Terminal A, so that's most likely where they'll be. Just double check his flight info via the Delta Flight Status feature before you leave home to be sure. You can even sign up for alerts so you'll get texts/emails if anything changes with his flight/arrival.

Old Today, 05:23 PM

5,358 posts, read 3,251,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
But to answer the OP’s question, just follow the signs to the cell phone lot.
Did the cell phone lot move? Last time I picked my wife up the lot was right outside the Terminal E doors. I took a look at the Logan website and now it looks like the cell phone lot is in a different place. Maybe last time that was just a temporary location due to construction?

For reference it was where I marked "X" but is now where I marked "O" (according to Logan's website and Google Maps).

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Logan airport pickup-logan.jpg  

Old Today, 05:51 PM

23,825 posts, read 18,978,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Did the cell phone lot move? Last time I picked my wife up the lot was right outside the Terminal E doors. I took a look at the Logan website and now it looks like the cell phone lot is in a different place. Maybe last time that was just a temporary location due to construction?

For reference it was where I marked "X" but is now where I marked "O" (according to Logan's website and Google Maps).

Thanks!

I believe there are two now, the one by E as well as the original lot over towards the rental car facility.

Old Today, 08:24 PM

Update. The trip to airport went well until the turn off from 1A towards Airport which i missed and I ended up in East Boston. Fortunately it was late, there weren’t many cars, i ended up making an illegal left turn, and was on my way back to the airport, right to the arrival gate to pick up my family. Never saw the cell phone lot. Tanks to everyone with helpful suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: