Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 03:11 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,185,369 times

Advertisements

I ordered a garden cart from Gardener's Supply at 128 Intervale Road. Ordered online, was told 3-8 business days for delivery. I ordered May 6, got 1 email from them on May 17. I called several times and the phone tree said waiting time over an hour. Found a local number from 411 and it gives an out of service message. They post a fax number but a fax failed from number not responding. I e mailed them May 21 and no reply there either.

Do any of you deal with this place? Is this normal for them or is it just a bad moment in time? I understand that problems occur but I should be able to reach them somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2024, 06:32 AM

9,617 posts, read 5,401,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I ordered a garden cart from Gardener's Supply at 128 Intervale Road. Ordered online, was told 3-8 business days for delivery. I ordered May 6, got 1 email from them on May 17. I called several times and the phone tree said waiting time over an hour. Found a local number from 411 and it gives an out of service message. They post a fax number but a fax failed from number not responding. I e mailed them May 21 and no reply there either.

Do any of you deal with this place? Is this normal for them or is it just a bad moment in time? I understand that problems occur but I should be able to reach them somehow.
I've never ordered anything from them online but they are generally a good company to deal with and have very knowledgeable staff. Now, I think they have a warehouse/order fulfillment center separate (it might be in Colchester....not sure) - that might be where your cart is coming from. But an hour wait on the phone sounds unusual. Did you call the store itself?
Have you received notification that the cart has shipped?
If you want to PM me, I can try to run some interference. Would need your order number I guess. Lemme know. happy to help.

Old 05-27-2024, 08:47 AM

2,652 posts, read 3,185,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I've never ordered anything from them online but they are generally a good company to deal with and have very knowledgeable staff. Now, I think they have a warehouse/order fulfillment center separate (it might be in Colchester....not sure) - that might be where your cart is coming from. But an hour wait on the phone sounds unusual. Did you call the store itself?
Have you received notification that the cart has shipped?
If you want to PM me, I can try to run some interference. Would need your order number I guess. Lemme know. happy to help.
Surprisingly, I got someone on the phone today, Memorial Day. She said they recently had a computer conversion with a lot of glitches, hence the overloaded phone lines and backed up e mails. Said they should get it out this week, going by my order date. I feel partly relieved now, having spoken w someone. I used to work customer service for a large insurance company and I recall how badly our system malfunctioned much of the time.

Thanks much for your offer to help. Most generous. I'll PM you if this doesn't smooth out.

Old 05-27-2024, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Surprisingly, I got someone on the phone today, Memorial Day. She said they recently had a computer conversion with a lot of glitches, hence the overloaded phone lines and backed up e mails. Said they should get it out this week, going by my order date. I feel partly relieved now, having spoken w someone. I used to work customer service for a large insurance company and I recall how badly our system malfunctioned much of the time.

Thanks much for your offer to help. Most generous. I'll PM you if this doesn't smooth out.
Well, that's good news! and yes, reach out if you need any on the ground assistance

Old 05-27-2024, 09:40 PM

29 posts, read 37,298 times
For what it’s worth, looking on an online map, their warehouse is approximately at 5 New England Drive in Essex Junction. I’d imagine they ship from there.

I had a neighbor who worked for them and I was invited to some event at that warehouse where they gave away all of the merchandise returns at the end of the year or something along those lines. All I know is I got about four carloads of merchandise for free…and I was one of the pickiest people there! Families were loading trailers and pickups. It was a relatively fun event and the staff all seemed to be cheery people. It started with my just mentioning I needed some irrigation parts and gloves; they insisted I take so much stuff I could hardly store it at my residence.

Old 06-04-2024, 07:10 AM

They have a fulfillment center in Milton, VT, a separate facility from their retail locations in Williston and Burlington.

Old 06-04-2024, 12:11 PM

20,003 posts, read 22,946,225 times
My wife is a frequent customer, never had an issue with deliveries, returns or customer service.

Old 06-04-2024, 04:49 PM

I tried every number I could find to check on an order for an out of state friend. Each of the selections 'for help with an order already placed' sent me to a recorded announcement that the call would be handled in the order received. We went from 6 mins, 11 mins, and the last one 30 minutes at which point I gave that angle up. So I called three times and gave up. No one is answering that line. Or maybe it is one person who is clearly not able to handle the volume of calls. ??

Called back to the store in Williston and got a manager on the phone. I laid out the situation and she commiserated with me but said they are unable to look up online orders at the retail outlets (fail). I was given her 'inside' number, a corporate number, which sent me back to the phone tree where no one answers. I also received a corporate email that supervisors use and I sent an inquiry. That was this morning. No response yet.
My next move will be to go in person to the order centers.

I have shopped at Gardeners for many years, if only periodically (they are expensive) and have always had fantastic, knowledgeable assistance from their amazing staff. The lack of response on the phone lines reflects poorly on this company which has always been a gold standard on service.

Old 06-05-2024, 06:42 AM

Will wonders never cease!

Got ahold of a real live person at the Intervale location (where he says they fill these orders) and he said the company is just getting to filling orders from the early May time frame and that, his guess, those orders should ship in a week or a week'ish. HALLELULIA!!!!

I know that Gardeners gets slammed every year at this time and they ARE short handed. He confirmed this. But at least this is some info for anyone waiting a long time for some movement on their online order.

Old 06-05-2024, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Check your private messages or see my latest post. They are only now filling orders from early May.

God, I love getting s**t done. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT