Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM

24,127 posts, read 32,512,221 times

Advertisements

Born May 19. 1951, and succumbed to non Hodgkins Lymphoma on April 15th, 2001.

I Remember You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 05:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 576,466 times
I just saw this post.

True story: (first apologize for not having the energy and time to write the pm. I have been traveling, as soon as I came home my husband went on his trip. Chaotic and exhausting.) 2 days ago, on 4/15, I was flying home from Fort Lauderdale airport back to Houston, the UA flight was delayed for 3 hrs, with which I was sitting in the airport pretty much, and literally, going through ALL Ramones songs, esp Needles & Pins. I LOVE their cover, it’s so heart-aching and sweet. It was one of the songs that I never skipped. I did the long, long strolling (another Downtown girl here.) when I lived in Manhattan, this one song accompanied me everywhere.

I was so tired with the delayed flight I didn’t even make the connection it was 4/15.

My 14 yrs old daughter was born in Manhattan, since birth she was in Ramones onesie. You know the black one with their names formed as a circle. Ramones t shirt/onesie with a pink leg-warmer. She grew up in L.A and still talks about going to L.A all the time . Her schtick was to sing and to play The KKK Took My Baby Away but changed the lyrics to “and she will be there and she will be there, and she won’t have to waiiitttttttt!”

My little Punk Rocker. I’m going to tell her about you.

Old 04-18-2024, 08:31 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,074,528 times
RIP

All 4 of the original band are dead....

The Ramones last gig was in 1996...

Joey Ramone (1951-2001) ....lead vocalist

Dee Dee Ramone (1951-2002) ....bassist

Johnny Ramone (1948-2004) .....guitarist

Tommy Ramone (1949-2014) .....drummer

Old 04-18-2024, 05:47 PM

27,202 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Born May 19. 1951, and succumbed to non Hodgkins Lymphoma on April 15th, 2001.

I Remember You.
Hey Ho Let's Go.

Old 04-21-2024, 05:59 AM

23,875 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
RIP

All 4 of the original band are dead....

The Ramones last gig was in 1996...

Joey Ramone (1951-2001) ....lead vocalist

Dee Dee Ramone (1951-2002) ....bassist

Johnny Ramone (1948-2004) .....guitarist

Tommy Ramone (1949-2014) .....drummer

They were all so young when they died. Dee Dee died from a heroine over dose, the other three cancers.

I just read their wiki pages, I didn't know Tommy was Hungarian, being born there, immigrating here in 57 like both of my parents.

I was pretty young when the Ramones first came out. I was very into Blondie. There were two walls in my bedroom that were covered by Blondie posters. I was 14 when heart of glass came out.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:28 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,457,841 times
Saw them a few times at Marquette bars in Milwaukee when I was in high school.

Didn’t realize at the time how important they were, just went to have fun.

Now I’m an old lady who gets weird looks from younger people when I wear a Ramones T-Shirt.

Too many young people don’t get that old people had/have fun, interesting experiences

Old Today, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Saw them a few times at Marquette bars in Milwaukee when I was in high school.

Didn’t realize at the time how important they were, just went to have fun.

Now I’m an old lady who gets weird looks from younger people when I wear a Ramones T-Shirt.

Too many young people don’t get that old people had/have fun, interesting experiences
Keep wearing your Ramones tee shirt!!! The "Young People" who are looking at you probably never saw such a cool tee shirt worn by such a cool person!

Old Today, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They were all so young when they died. Dee Dee died from a heroine over dose, the other three cancers.

I just read their wiki pages, I didn't know Tommy was Hungarian, being born there, immigrating here in 57 like both of my parents.

I was pretty young when the Ramones first came out. I was very into Blondie. There were two walls in my bedroom that were covered by Blondie posters. I was 14 when heart of glass came out.
Sadly, they all died at or around age 50. Joey was only 49, trying, as many do; to reach his next birthday in May. He didn't make it.

In Texas a strange woman approached the four Ramones and asked them if the had "Jesus in their heart". These Four guys were put off. As lifelong New Yorkers, this is not a common question. Even practicing Christians in the NYC area, do not use that terminology. They answered by saying their birth religions Tommy and Joey were Jewish, Johnny who attended a Roman Catholic military academy for High School, said he was a Catholic, and Dee Dee, a Protestant.

That did not satisfy her. Quickly she was joined by a strange woman in black who put a curse of "early death" on all four. They were really freaked out.

Anyone could have predicted Dee Dee's (Doug Colvin) early demise. He struggled with addiction since his early 20s.

But the others? Cancer? What are the chances of that? It's known as "The Curse of the Ramones". There are several versions, but I got mine from Joey.

Note - Tommy (Tomas Eldelyi) died later than the others - but also of cancer. He was a bit older than the others. His parents were in hiding during the Holocaust in Hungary.

It's all pretty strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities