Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 05:18 AM

4 posts, read 20,362 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I have bought a house from Ryan Homes in Meadow Lakes subdivision. This subdivision is actually owned my Moreland homes. Our house closes the end of November and is just finished being framed now. I called our sales person on Friday and the number was disconnected which I thought was rather odd.

A little back story here....about 4 weeks back they pulled both the sales reps from Meadow Lakes and put them at a new Ryan community about 5 miles down the rd when we asked why they said they are still selling both but they wanted them at the new model.

At any rate when I finally tracked down our sales person at the new community i was told that they are no longer activley selling Meadow Lakes. They will finish building the houses they have going now but the lots are now owned by the developer for the empty lots that is.

I am worried now that our street which is 75% filled wont get done. We have an empy lot on each side of our new house, 4 across the street and about 6-8 more down the street from us and we havent even moved in yet.

I am making another phone call to the sales manager today as we asked our rep even a week ago should we be worried about Meadow lakes and we were told no....now they pulled out?

any adivce would be appreciated....has anyone else bought here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 AM

11 posts, read 34,185 times
I am in the same situation....PM sent

Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 AM

Emailed you at the address you gave me

Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,859 times
ANy update on this? We are looking into Meadow Lakes - good, bad?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,971,983 times
North Ridgeville has a small population of nomads that live in the woods, and the city government sometimes has been known to pay developers to let them build huts or pitch tents on empty lots of subdivisions that haven't been completed. That's probably what will happen here. They might knock on your door from time to time, but they're mostly harmless victims of the mental institution closings during the Reagan years, and aren't to be taken seriously.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
North Ridgeville has a small population of nomads that live in the woods, and the city government sometimes has been known to pay developers to let them build huts or pitch tents on empty lots of subdivisions that haven't been completed. That's probably what will happen here. They might knock on your door from time to time, but they're mostly harmless victims of the mental institution closings during the Reagan years, and aren't to be taken seriously.
Wow that really is the funniest thing I have ever heard...a complete lie but totally funny!

Old 03-27-2009, 07:53 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,971,983 times
Yep, just trying to lighten things up. It's North Ridgeville, you'll be fine. Good luck!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM

50 posts, read 134,182 times
I lived in North Ridgeville for 13 years the zip code is EIEIO.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,033 times
Default Ummmm. Nope. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
— The area beside the development is a protected metro park and is illegal to camp there… I’m pretty sure there aren’t any Nomads living in that area… My back yard meets the metro park woods line and I have NEVER seen/heard of anyone camping or living in that area. Not sure where you picked up that info but it’s completely false. This is a tight knit/gossiping community; so if that was the case, it would be ALL over the HOA Facebook page. LOL!!!

Old 10-25-2021, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reno55 View Post
My fiance and I have bought a house from Ryan Homes in Meadow Lakes subdivision. This subdivision is actually owned my Moreland homes. Our house closes the end of November and is just finished being framed now. I called our sales person on Friday and the number was disconnected which I thought was rather odd.

A little back story here....about 4 weeks back they pulled both the sales reps from Meadow Lakes and put them at a new Ryan community about 5 miles down the rd when we asked why they said they are still selling both but they wanted them at the new model.

At any rate when I finally tracked down our sales person at the new community i was told that they are no longer activley selling Meadow Lakes. They will finish building the houses they have going now but the lots are now owned by the developer for the empty lots that is.

I am worried now that our street which is 75% filled wont get done. We have an empy lot on each side of our new house, 4 across the street and about 6-8 more down the street from us and we havent even moved in yet.

I am making another phone call to the sales manager today as we asked our rep even a week ago should we be worried about Meadow lakes and we were told no....now they pulled out?

any adivce would be appreciated....has anyone else bought here?
-considering that was 13 years ago and houses are still being built and it’s 2021. I’m sure it won’t stop until it’s all developed all the way up to a stones throw from Cleveland street. I’m still trying to figure out how it hasn’t became it’s own city considering how many people in houses are here, especially between the north and south side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland