Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 08:05 AM

29,510 posts, read 22,630,868 times

Advertisements

This one seems very shady. For some reason I'm thinking the husband is in on this.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/semi...-florida-woman

Quote:
Authorities in central Florida said they believe they've found the body of a South Florida woman who was taken in a carjacking.

Katherine Altagracia Guerrero De Aguasvias, 31, of Homestead, was attacked and kidnapped at gunpoint Thursday afternoon at an intersection northeast of Orlando, Seminole County Sheriff Dennis Lemma said during a news conference on Friday.

Investigators found what they believe was her burning SUV with her body inside less than two hours later in a rural area of Osceola County, just south of Orlando. Investigators will use dental records and DNA to confirm the identity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjYLNlAwIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqvpoGozYc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 10:23 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Yeah this was a bit shocking, considering the area where it happened too. Husband said she was visiting family there, but reports say she had no family in the area. That's quite an off-the-beaten path part of Orlando's suburbs, and there is little to no reason for a visitor to go there unless they have family/friends or sporting events.
She was sent there for some sort of business, and the assailants knew exactly where she would be.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:25 PM

78,348 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
but reports say she had no family in the area.
That's not what it actually says at the end of the article.

Sure seems like a "hit" so naturally the first suspect will be the husband.

Odd that 911 wasn't called but that could just be panic on her part.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:39 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's not what it actually says at the end of the article.

Sure seems like a "hit" so naturally the first suspect will be the husband.

Odd that 911 wasn't called but that could just be panic on her part.
This is the article I read:

https://www.wesh.com/article/carjack...ounty/60474283

"Katherine was traveling to Central Florida to visit family members. We know of no family members that are living in Central Florida," Lemma said.

They cannot say why she was in the area.

So the husband is claiming she was visiting relatives. But there are no known relatives in the area.

Old 04-15-2024, 05:45 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Altagracia…. I bet she is either Dominican or Dominican-America. That’s a very popular name for Dominican women. I think everybody knows someone with that name either as first or second. This is because of the “Virgin of the Highest Grace†(aka, Nuestra Señora de la Altagracia), the protector of the Dominicans. One of the largest basilica in the DR is in honor of her.

RIP

Old 04-15-2024, 05:50 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Yep, she was. Univision has a story (in Spanish) of this and right in the title it says she was Dominican.

https://www.univision.com/local/orla...ato-dominicana

Old 04-15-2024, 10:50 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Today's update took an unexpected turn. They found the car which had been towed on March 19 of this year. The driver who towed the Acura in March was murdered in a hail of bullets on April 10, the day before the carjacking.

The victim's husband, Miguel, reached out to a childhood friend from Honduras. Her husband is a Orange County deputy and he immediately calls the Seminole County detective working the case asking for an update and says he is an OC deputy but lies about his name. Then he searches the David system for the SC detective and shares everything with the victim's husband including the detective's pictures, address, etc. The OC deputy has been arrested.

It truly is an intriguing story and Sheriff Lemma's updates are incredible, well done and quite informative.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/video/1441489

Old 04-16-2024, 01:31 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Today's update took an unexpected turn. They found the car which had been towed on March 19 of this year. The driver who towed the Acura in March was murdered in a hail of bullets on April 10, the day before the carjacking.

The victim's husband, Miguel, reached out to a childhood friend from Honduras. Her husband is a Orange County deputy and he immediately calls the Seminole County detective working the case asking for an update and says he is an OC deputy but lies about his name. Then he searches the David system for the SC detective and shares everything with the victim's husband including the detective's pictures, address, etc. The OC deputy has been arrested.

It truly is an intriguing story and Sheriff Lemma's updates are incredible, well done and quite informative.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/video/1441489

I wish I had speakers on my computer. I'll try to watch it on my cell phone later.

Sounds like it could be a confusing case with so many people involved. I wonder why the friends husband risked his job to find out that information he gave to her husband. I wonder why she was targeted.

Sure sounds like the husband is in on it.

Old 04-16-2024, 03:08 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I wish I had speakers on my computer. I'll try to watch it on my cell phone later.

Sounds like it could be a confusing case with so many people involved. I wonder why the friends husband risked his job to find out that information he gave to her husband. I wonder why she was targeted.

Sure sounds like the husband is in on it.
The couple, originally from Honduras live in Homestead, FL (Miami area), about 4 hours south of where she was carjacked and she had been in Seminole County for less than an hour before it happened. I would not be surprised if it had to do with running drugs.

The deputy who was arrested had recorded his call to the detective in charge of the case and played it for Miguel, the victim's husband. Miguel is allegedly cooperating, he gave his phone to the detectives when they asked for it which is how they found out about the deputy endangering the detective running the investigation.

Old 04-16-2024, 12:01 PM

78,348 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
This is the article I read:

https://www.wesh.com/article/carjack...ounty/60474283

"Katherine was traveling to Central Florida to visit family members. We know of no family members that are living in Central Florida," Lemma said.

They cannot say why she was in the area.

So the husband is claiming she was visiting relatives. But there are no known relatives in the area.
From the OP's article:

Quote:
Her husband told authorities that she was in central Florida to visit family, but investigators didn't immediately find any relatives in the area.
So, not sure if it's just bad writing or reporting, timing etc.

So I wasn't taking that as a full red flag after reading that ambiguity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events