Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 02:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times

Advertisements

Huh? A place on CD where I haven’t been before!

“Journals” ... does that mean I can write about my daily struggles with fitness? I’m not sure that it’s an exercise issue though. Actually I know it’s not.

This will be a rant, fwiw.

I’d been active & thin my entire life. Thought I deserved credit for it too ... until I was 36 years old & got that dam*** tubal ligation.

Now I’m 50. Had the tubal reversed in 2014 & now I know better. I’m all about hormones. I had to go on BC again obviously, since I had 11 kids in 18 years but despite that the weight I packed on melted off & the curves returned. Because the 40+ lbs that I put on during the 10 (11?) years I was under the influence of the ligature had settled in my midsection which had totally screwed up my proportions.

I was always a 36-24-36 except when pregnant. I was a 36-24-36 four months after my first. Four months after my first set of twins. Four months after my second set of twins, who were, btw; #’s 9 & 10.

But not after #11 & the ligation. Nope. Turned into a rectangle. Had the reversal & lo & behold ... I was a bit heavier still than pre-ligation but it was proportional. Like a 38-26-38. Weird but true.

Then a few months ago the pharmacy switched my BC manufacturer & all heck broke loose. Finally got that resolved but I’m wondering if in just that amount of time it spurred cysts or fibroids because here came the pounds. Except it’s still all proportional.

Which is preferable to being a rectangle. But. I look almost comical. I’m so self-conscious. My nieces wedding is approaching in June & I look like a cartoon. Boobs are huge. Underneath is tiny. My butt is bigger than a Kardashian’s. My thighs, OMG ... I’m starting to look like the Fertility goddess Inanna.

If it’s possible for camel toe to have plumbers crack, that’s going to be me. My hair is growing like I’m pregnant but NO I’m not pregnant. If anything, my body looks like it’s advertising: “Get me pregnant!” It’s embarrassing.

I’m calling my doctor tomorrow. I need an appointment to make sure those months with the generic pills didn’t screw me up. I need to lose weight. I walk but even that’s getting embarrassing; it feels like my butt & thighs are going to throw me off balance. I’ll bet I’m like a 42-30-46 now. Good Lord.

It’s not always about calories. Sometimes it’s about Estrogen.

Rant over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 07:50 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Huh? A place on CD where I haven’t been before!

“Journals” ... does that mean I can write about my daily struggles with fitness? I’m not sure that it’s an exercise issue though. Actually I know it’s not.

This will be a rant, fwiw.

I’d been active & thin my entire life. Thought I deserved credit for it too ... until I was 36 years old & got that dam*** tubal ligation.

Now I’m 50. Had the tubal reversed in 2014 & now I know better. I’m all about hormones. I had to go on BC again obviously, since I had 11 kids in 18 years but despite that the weight I packed on melted off & the curves returned. Because the 40+ lbs that I put on during the 10 (11?) years I was under the influence of the ligature had settled in my midsection which had totally screwed up my proportions.

I was always a 36-24-36 except when pregnant. I was a 36-24-36 four months after my first. Four months after my first set of twins. Four months after my second set of twins, who were, btw; #’s 9 & 10.

But not after #11 & the ligation. Nope. Turned into a rectangle. Had the reversal & lo & behold ... I was a bit heavier still than pre-ligation but it was proportional. Like a 38-26-38. Weird but true.

Then a few months ago the pharmacy switched my BC manufacturer & all heck broke loose. Finally got that resolved but I’m wondering if in just that amount of time it spurred cysts or fibroids because here came the pounds. Except it’s still all proportional.

Which is preferable to being a rectangle. But. I look almost comical. I’m so self-conscious. My nieces wedding is approaching in June & I look like a cartoon. Boobs are huge. Underneath is tiny. My butt is bigger than a Kardashian’s. My thighs, OMG ... I’m starting to look like the Fertility goddess Inanna.

If it’s possible for camel toe to have plumbers crack, that’s going to be me. My hair is growing like I’m pregnant but NO I’m not pregnant. If anything, my body looks like it’s advertising: “Get me pregnant!” It’s embarrassing.

I’m calling my doctor tomorrow. I need an appointment to make sure those months with the generic pills didn’t screw me up. I need to lose weight. I walk but even that’s getting embarrassing; it feels like my butt & thighs are going to throw me off balance. I’ll bet I’m like a 42-30-46 now. Good Lord.

It’s not always about calories. Sometimes it’s about Estrogen.

Rant over.
I'm in the same age range as you are but I'm not on BC or other meds. Yet, I can relate. I think it's age moreso than the medication, at least in my case. I have a terrible gut/love-handles/muffin top problem. Developed thighs, prominent rounded hips, solid Kardashian-esque butt. If I was 10 lbs lighter, it would be great. As it stands now, I'm the BEFORE pic of the thin person with the gut and love handles spilling over the swimsuit bottom. This seems to have come out of nowhere over the past year. I don't eat more than I did 10 years ago but due to age apparently I don't need as much food anymore so it's being stored as fat. Also, I'm no longer living in a walkable city like I did 10 years ago and that's part of the problem too. Received some really good advice from others on this board that I've adhered to. I'm currently keying in on my diet, tracking calories, and more exercise. I have no advice for you, just wanted to say I feel your pain. Your rant is understandable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals