Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 09:27 PM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We've visited the area twice, but really didn't explore neighborhoods. I would really appreciate feedback on favorite cities for buying a house and living. Our budget is $400,000-$550,000 (ideally below $520,000) and want to pull up into a neighborhood with beautiful lawns/landscaping, nice brick homes, single-story, close to grocery stores/drug stores, and a gym. A community pool would be nice, but not a deal-breaker. Maybe a home that isn't brand new so that it doesn't have painted cabinets (I'm old school). I see so many city names, but aren't familiar with the areas- e.g., Centerton, Cave Springs, Rogers. Any suggestions to maximize a visit with the intent of purchasing?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 08:45 PM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by military spouse View Post
Hello,

We've visited the area twice, but really didn't explore neighborhoods. I would really appreciate feedback on favorite cities for buying a house and living. Our budget is $400,000-$550,000 (ideally below $520,000) and want to pull up into a neighborhood with beautiful lawns/landscaping, nice brick homes, single-story, close to grocery stores/drug stores, and a gym. A community pool would be nice, but not a deal-breaker. Maybe a home that isn't brand new so that it doesn't have painted cabinets (I'm old school). I see so many city names, but aren't familiar with the areas- e.g., Centerton, Cave Springs, Rogers. Any suggestions to maximize a visit with the intent of purchasing?

Thank you!
Are you retired or will you be working? That to me tells a lot about what you can and can't put up with.

Southwest Bentonville off of Highway 12/SW Regional Airport Boulevard fits your bill. Numerous neighborhoods out there as you describe.

Rogers west of I49 and south of the Pinnacle as well. Both Rogers and Bentonville have excellent amenities and services are top notch (police, fire, parks etc)

Central and northern Bentonville are out of your price range. The decent parts of Fayetteville are out of your price range. I also won't live in a college town but it might be your jam.

Centerton has some affordable options but it's a bedroom community and the drive in and out at basically any time of day is wretched. Bentonville school district but services aren't up to the same level as Bentonville and Rogers.

Springdale is the one I'm least familiar with so can't really say. What I've seen of it doesn't seem appealing to me personally.

Old 08-20-2023, 08:25 AM

18 posts, read 19,545 times
Heading up there ourselves this weekend to look around for a retirement area. Got an Airbnb in Bella Vista, also going to golf on Saturday.

Old 08-20-2023, 03:06 PM

27 posts, read 37,333 times
Let us know how you like it, especially for retirement. The area to me seems geared towards families versus retirement. I would be curious to know what your thoughts are after your visit.

Old 08-20-2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonRidge View Post
Let us know how you like it, especially for retirement. The area to me seems geared towards families versus retirement. I would be curious to know what your thoughts are after your visit.
Will do, heading to Hot Springs next month to look at that area.

Old 08-22-2023, 02:03 PM

2,706 posts, read 2,207,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
Heading up there ourselves this weekend to look around for a retirement area. Got an Airbnb in Bella Vista, also going to golf on Saturday.
You may be OK for golfing on Saturday. The temperatures has been in the 100's all week, but it may cool down on Saturday. I moved from South Louisiana to Bella Vista to get away from the heat, but it followed me.

Old 08-22-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
You may be OK for golfing on Saturday. The temperatures has been in the 100's all week, but it may cool down on Saturday. I moved from South Louisiana to Bella Vista to get away from the heat, but it followed me.
It's everywhere, Live in Dallas so been dealing with it all summer. Do you like BV? Trying to get some inside info on BV.

Old 08-23-2023, 05:31 AM

Quote:
It's everywhere, Live in Dallas so been dealing with it all summer. Do you like BV? Trying to get some inside info on BV.
We love it and have been here just about three years. I am on the West side and when we moved in it was in a undeveloped section. There are now two new finished house and three more being built. I bought the lot next to me which a lot of people do to keep anyone from building there. Our two lots are fairly flat, where a lot of the lots have deep slopes.

The first year we were seeing 10 to 12 deer on a regular basis, but now we may see one a week. I am hoping they come back when these houses finish.

I live less than a mile from Branchwood Recreation Center which has walking trails, swimming pool and a full workout facility. There is a gun range which is free to use if you get a pictured ID ($30 a year).

Old 08-23-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
We love it and have been here just about three years. I am on the West side and when we moved in it was in a undeveloped section. There are now two new finished house and three more being built. I bought the lot next to me which a lot of people do to keep anyone from building there. Our two lots are fairly flat, where a lot of the lots have deep slopes.

The first year we were seeing 10 to 12 deer on a regular basis, but now we may see one a week. I am hoping they come back when these houses finish.

I live less than a mile from Branchwood Recreation Center which has walking trails, swimming pool and a full workout facility. There is a gun range which is free to use if you get a pictured ID ($30 a year).
Very cool, can you put out a feeder for the deer? We are going to drive around and check things out, got two guest pass from the people we are getting the Airbnb from. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Very cool, can you put out a feeder for the deer? We are going to drive around and check things out, got two guest pass from the people we are getting the Airbnb from. Thanks for the info.
Yes! I have been just throwing corn out, but I may get a feeder this year. The squirrels and racoons will get a lot of the corn. My two lots have a lot of oak trees on them which the deer and squirrels love also. The first year there was a deer hunter parking down at the end of the loop, so I did not want to attract the deer to much. There are two houses being built down there now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers