Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 01:27 PM

12,789 posts, read 15,021,124 times

Advertisements

So we all know things are sky high, but we may still like to eat out, get takeout, etc. sometimes. What are the places where you can get the most food for your $$$?

Panda Express - You can get a good amount of food...5 large containers for $35 & that's their regular price. Sometimes they have a promo for $30! (Now their food may not taste the very best, but I think it's just good enough.)

Subway - If you have a coupon that comes in the mail, you can get 3 footlongs for just undr $20. They have coupons for 2 of them too.

Then, of course catch whatever other deals are going on at the time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 02:36 PM

3,065 posts, read 2,049,974 times
My only fast-food preference is Burger King lol. It's so popular here that the local drive-thru is always super jammed.

I like going to supermarkets that have ready-to-eat along with pick-up foods, most have decent tables and chair areas to sit down and eat but most of the time I bring it home.

Found this very useful when out of town visiting Asheville and it was so crazy busy with tourists (like us) we could not get into a restaurant and takeout line was 20 people long. Supermarkets have sandwiches and side dishes and most have hot food to go, no lines, not expensive.

Old 05-01-2024, 02:45 PM

48,563 posts, read 34,935,042 times
Depends. How many calories for the buck, or how much nutrition for the buck?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-01-2024, 03:07 PM

22,619 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Depends. How many calories for the buck, or how much nutrition for the buck?

I opt for quality over quantity.
I can't say what our last fast food restaurant was.
We find that local restaurants that offer sit-down service aren't that much more than fast food joints. So we choose to go to those.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:05 PM

23,361 posts, read 18,956,502 times
IMHO, how much you pay for more volume isn't as important as what you get for what you pay. Is a bigger heap of high fat/carb filler worth more $ or less? Unless you're one of those hogs who feels they scored some bargain because they got to pile up an extra plate of junk at a smorgasbord. Someone who gets lured by more free bread or fries instead of a better entree. This isn't a dress deal off the sales rack, it's something you're fueling your body with. Don't load up on cr*p just to save a buck! You know what they say: garbage in, garbage out!

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-01-2024 at 04:35 PM..

Old 05-01-2024, 05:37 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,303,835 times
I don't eat at that many chains. I've cut back on eating to lose weight so I fill up faster than I used to.

I like Whataburger and get the burger only with no bun and eat it like a salad with mustard as dressing. I haven't been in a while, but it's only a few dollars. I mainly just drink water.

The Mediterranean restaurants usually have a plate meal like chicken shawarma that I can get two meals out of.

Sometimes, I'll go someplace and order two meals and maybe an extra side or appetizer and bring it home and split it between three people.

Lunch deals can be a great option that is a little bit less expensive than the dinner meal. Depends on what is in your area.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:45 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,243,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
So we all know things are sky high, but we may still like to eat out, get takeout, etc. sometimes. What are the places where you can get the most food for your $$$?

Panda Express - You can get a good amount of food...5 large containers for $35 & that's their regular price. Sometimes they have a promo for $30! (Now their food may not taste the very best, but I think it's just good enough.)

Subway - If you have a coupon that comes in the mail, you can get 3 footlongs for just undr $20. They have coupons for 2 of them too.

If the above is the answer (as in Jeopardy), then the question is: Why are Americans so fat?

When quantity of food is the criteria for judging a restaurant or fast food joint, it's time to rethink Yelp ratings.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:10 PM

24,648 posts, read 10,980,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

Neither one are places we use. If it does not taste the very best - why are you buying iy?

Old 05-01-2024, 08:01 PM

2,497 posts, read 2,719,581 times
Eating out right now is not a value proposition. It’s a break, entertainment. Treat it as such. It’s not a deal. A good night out for my wife and I = a week’s worth of home cooked, healthy meals.
Dining out right now is kinda stupid..

Old 05-01-2024, 08:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 29,869,535 times
“Most Food for Your $ at Restaurants/Eateries?”
Don’t spend $ , spend € instead.
I find the best restaurant deals are in southern Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living