Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2024, 10:03 AM

708 posts, read 1,295,012 times

Advertisements

I lost my beautiful, amazing son who was only 13 at the hands of a driver who was on drugs and drove onto the sidewalk where he was bike riding and killed him. I had also lost my only sister who was murdered by her then husband and still hasn't been charged for the murder. The murder occurred in 1989.

So, in my overwhelming shock and horror I was determined to find out where he was. Was he okay, but in the spirit world (heaven), if that even existed.
I'm not a religious person, but I am a spiritual person, open to any and all answers as I was desperate to find out the answer to the WHY question.
Being spiritual, I had read many books about dying, etc., but I was REALLY hungry for an actual answer, rather than read about answers that came from religious books from different faiths. At this point I knew I had to keep an open mind. One thing I firmly know is that belief is very different from knowing. Belief is shorthand for saying that we don't know, otherwise we would say we knew. Is an artichoke good? If you haven't had one you could only say that you either believe they are good or they are bad. If you have had one you could say, that based on your experience that you knew it was either good or bad. You didn't have to believe.

Anyway, I made an appointment with George Anderson, the worlds' most scientifically tested medium, www.georgeanderson.com. I registered under a phony name so there would be no way that he could know anything about me or the death of my son. Because he is rather expensive; he has staff and other expenses, I chose to attend a group session of about 12 people, who were all there seeking anything that he could tell them about their loved ones. He went around the room and gave actual names of the departed, not in every case, and talked specifically about their loved ones in a manner that couldn't be disputed, and to make a LONG story shorter, at the end of the session there was a palpable sense of relief and in some cases joy afterwards.

In my case he did talk about the young boy who had died recently and gave specific things that only his mother and I knew about him. Very impressive and somewhat calming, but it wasn't enough for me.

I had read an incredible book called Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss, www.brianweiss.com, about past life regression that was a way to see how your past lives may have affected this current life. I was seen in the office of Brian Weiss twice and the second regression I had an experience that changed my life. I was hypnotized for the regression as that's the way it works. I was asked where I was and what was the year. I immediately answered Greece, 84BC. Yeah I know, but that's what happened.
I then heard a voice that I knew was from my son Evan. I was shocked. he then said " Dad, come here I want to show you something cool." I was transported to where he was in the spirit world where he proceeded to tell me about the book I was writing about him, and so much more, and gave me specific instructions as to how I was to move forward in my life. My heart melted and mostly healed, right on the spot.
One of the reasons I am writing this is the last thing Evan told me was that I shouldn't be shy about telling people what I know. That's what I'm doing right now, in his honor.

If you are REALLY hungry for answers you would try and be open as possible. If you are happy with reading about people that had experiences thousands of years ago, okay. I wanted my own experiences and I got them.

I'm just saying that you can KNOW the real deal and have answers about your loved ones. Best of luck to all of you and take care.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:21 PM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I had read an incredible book called Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss, www.brianweiss.com, about past life regression that was a way to see how your past lives may have affected this current life. I was seen in the office of Brian Weiss twice and the second regression I had an experience that changed my life. I was hypnotized for the regression as that's the way it works. I was asked where I was and what was the year. I immediately answered Greece, 84BC. Yeah I know, but that's what happened.
How did you know it was Greece in 84 BC?

Old 01-15-2024, 04:01 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,045,572 times
I know someone who went to a George Anderson session and he told her things that he could not possibly have known about her deceased son.

Old 01-15-2024, 08:33 AM

708 posts, read 1,295,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
How did you know it was Greece in 84 BC?
I'm going to answer your question but I'm pretty sure it won't appeal to your intellect, as an experience cannot be fully explained. The deal with regression is that you actually go back to a pertinent past life. I was there in 84 BC. I was asked where I was and what year it was, and I answered without having to think. I WAS THERE again. If you read Many Lives, Many Masters it will do a much better job of explaining how things work.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:16 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,045,572 times
But people living in the years BC wouldn't describe it BC as this was supposedly before Christ.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:08 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
But people living in the years BC wouldn't describe it BC as this was supposedly before Christ.
I think he's saying, but I can't be sure unless the poster confirms it, that HE, the person iiving NOW, was able to identify the time frame as 84 B.C.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:09 AM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I'm going to answer your question but I'm pretty sure it won't appeal to your intellect, as an experience cannot be fully explained. The deal with regression is that you actually go back to a pertinent past life. I was there in 84 BC. I was asked where I was and what year it was, and I answered without having to think. I WAS THERE again. If you read Many Lives, Many Masters it will do a much better job of explaining how things work.
But how did you know what year it was when that method of dating did not exist, and would not for about 600 years? Also, do you speak ancient Greek? How did you know that you were in Greece?

Old 01-15-2024, 11:37 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
seethelight spent thousands of dollars to feel better about a terrible event that took his son from him.
Glad he got good results.

Should anyone else do the same?
If they have the money and are not harming themselves or others, yes, of course they should, but not expect a beneficial outcome because there aren't any guarantees when dealing with mediums and similar types.

There aren't any guarantees when a person goes to a psychologist or psychiatrist or therapist either but there are standards of practice that those practitioners have agreed to or they will lose their license and possibly be sued. Not all of those people are "good people" but that's where we are today trying to heal people emotionally and/or mentally.

Our minds have so much untapped potential.

Old 01-16-2024, 07:15 AM

7,899 posts, read 3,450,203 times
First of all I'm very sorry to hear about your son. Secondly I don't know how I feel about past life regression. I tried it on a lark once and it did give me a little insight and perspective about a particular period of my life(namely that some experiences are for your own growth but some may be for the growth of others...in other words it's not always about you) but I don't know how much of that was real and how much just came from my subconscious or even if the two possibilities are mutually exclusive. I'm happy your experience gave you some sort of closure with your son and allowed you to have some sort of final communication with him though. I hope the experience helps you heal.

Old 01-23-2024, 07:36 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
After I lost my late boyfriend, I went to a support group, but it didn't help much. I honestly felt nothing would have helped me until I tried " past life regression " therapy with a therapist. I was skeptical at first, but I have to say this is a very healing experience for me.

I also talked to a " medium " who claimed she could connect me with my loved one. Let's just say that I was desperate, but I am glad that I tried whatever worked for me.

I am convinced that he was OK, and there is a reason why he died so young. Like my grief counselor said, " just hold on to whatever comforts your heart. " I am glad I was open mind enough to try different methods in order to move on. God knows how difficult grief is. You cannot get over it, or avoid it, it's a long journey

Sending hugs your way. Hope your day is peaceful today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning