Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 02:04 PM

7,151 posts, read 12,699,149 times

Advertisements

Someone on this forum posted a link to an Natl. Institute of Health article on using taurine for heart palpitations.

I read the piece and decided to try it. I've been having a pounding heart for the past year that often kept me awake at night. I had no anxiety or stress that contributed to that. A cardiac work-up revealed nothing major wrong with my heart--a somewhat leaky valve but not bad enough at this point to require surgery.

I do have high blood pressure that's controlled with tiny doses of 3 different meds. I follow a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise.

Melatonin didn't help me sleep.

Doc offered sleeping pills--didn't want them.

So, tried the taurine...magic! Pounding heart is gone. Just normal beating now. Took about two weeks to work.

Big thanks to whoever posted the link to the NIH article!!

I'm taking taurine twice a day--following meals as advised.

Dosage is 500 mg.- each tablet-equal to one gram.

Hope this helps someone else with palpitation, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:48 PM

7,307 posts, read 5,189,207 times
Yes, there's evidence that it works, but nobody should self medicate to cover up a symptom without finding the underlying diagnosis.... https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1679...event%20pauses. Little dolphin had a complete cardiac work up first.

You may stop your palpitations but go on to have your fatal heart attack with a normal cardiac rhythm. Win one, lose one. It all evens out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness