Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2023, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 2,619 times

Advertisements

I have always had an interest in West Virginia. It is a beautiful state. The nature is lovely and it’s very affordable. But I am leaving because I am a Fitness fanatic over 50 and what I am in countering from Ashland Kentucky over to a Huntington is severe and I mean severe obesity amongst the women here. After eight months of living here and not being able to find anybody over 50 into fitness and is more on the slender side, with a nice figure, I have decided to leave. As I don’t wanna spend the rest of my life alone. I am considering the villages down by Ocala Florida, which is a giant retirement community. Like I said, I love the beauty of West Virginia and the affordability. I don’t know if I can say the people are nice or not they’re pretty distant and aloof. But I can say about 98% of the women over 50 are severely obese. I need to be up by Columbus or Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh, a bigger city with women in more Fitness. God bless everybody down this part of the country. I am not trying to be mean or harsh or cruel. I am just stating a very raw, honest fact about the obesity problem in this part of the country in the tri-state area. Am I the only one who notice is this about West Virginia?

Old 10-01-2023, 03:18 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,417,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyblaze767 View Post
I have always had an interest in West Virginia. It is a beautiful state. The nature is lovely and it’s very affordable. But I am leaving because I am a Fitness fanatic over 50 and what I am in countering from Ashland Kentucky over to a Huntington is severe and I mean severe obesity amongst the women here. After eight months of living here and not being able to find anybody over 50 into fitness and is more on the slender side, with a nice figure, I have decided to leave. As I don’t wanna spend the rest of my life alone. I am considering the villages down by Ocala Florida, which is a giant retirement community. Like I said, I love the beauty of West Virginia and the affordability. I don’t know if I can say the people are nice or not they’re pretty distant and aloof. But I can say about 98% of the women over 50 are severely obese. I need to be up by Columbus or Cincinnati, or Pittsburgh, a bigger city with women in more Fitness. God bless everybody down this part of the country. I am not trying to be mean or harsh or cruel. I am just stating a very raw, honest fact about the obesity problem in this part of the country in the tri-state area. Am I the only one who notice is this about West Virginia?
I was lured by Pittsburgh for similar reasons...but the taxation seems extreme.. especially on buying and selling real estate. Your best bet may be to snowbird for about half the year. I spent years in Asia...can get a bit discouraging in the States...they aren't slim in Mexico, either. You gotta weigh all that in with costs and affordability. Still a good supply of cheap houses in Huntington...better fitness by the unis but it can seem pretty young..I'm a jmu grad and we actually will be in Huntington 19 October for a big game. I've heard Huntington was like Harrisonburg before it became expensive. Lots of good lookers in the Burg..older, too. Not that keen on Florida.. insurance costs....heat risks....

Old 10-01-2023, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I was lured by Pittsburgh for similar reasons...but the taxation seems extreme.. especially on buying and selling real estate. Your best bet may be to snowbird for about half the year. I spent years in Asia...can get a bit discouraging in the States...they aren't slim in Mexico, either. You gotta weigh all that in with costs and affordability. Still a good supply of cheap houses in Huntington...better fitness by the unis but it can seem pretty young..I'm a jmu grad and we actually will be in Huntington 19 October for a big game. I've heard Huntington was like Harrisonburg before it became expensive. Lots of good lookers in the Burg..older, too. Not that keen on Florida.. insurance costs....heat risks....
I see a couple of good looking girls in their 20s in the gym. But that is it. Anywhere outside of Ashlynns to Southern Ohio over a Huntington. I have never seen more unattractive and horribly obese women. It is a serious pandemic here. There’s no way I’m gonna be able to remain here. So I am on the hunt for a different place to relocate to. Stupid me didn’t take into account that Huntington has a -12% growth rate. So that means all the good looking ladies are gone and nobody’s moving here. No transplants except for me and may be a couple of us. I mean, this is the kind of obesity I have never seen before and I have lived all over America. It’s a shame. It’s like normal to people around here. Yea. I’ve got to get the hell out of here eventually.

Old 10-01-2023, 07:37 PM

The two unhappiest cities in America or Huntington, West Virginia, and Charleston, West Virginia. The most obese state in the country is West Virginia number one, and number to Kentucky. Time to go. I definitely do not belong here.

Old 10-01-2023, 09:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,510,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyblaze767 View Post
The two unhappiest cities in America or Huntington, West Virginia, and Charleston, West Virginia. The most obese state in the country is West Virginia number one, and number to Kentucky. Time to go. I definitely do not belong here.
Respectfully, do some self-reflection on your way out. You lost me when you said 98% of women 50 and over are obese. Coming from someone in healthcare who is also into fitness, that’s an impossible number that you clearly made up to put people down you don’t know.

It’s no wonder people seemed distant and aloof around you. West Virginians know a judgmental outsider when we meet one. I hope Florida or wherever you go has enough Barbies for your liking. Meanwhile, myself and others on this thread will be back here with open hearts and minds doing everything we can to help this great state and it’s amazing people.

Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington