Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 04:00 PM

115 posts, read 260,463 times

Advertisements

We'll be renting a 2 bedroom apartment either in January or summer 2022. From what I've found so far it seems like there's one primary property management company with traditional apartment complexes, and then apartments in houses. Does anyone have feedback of what to go with or stay away from? What about areas of town? Ideally easy commute to ISU, but I've noticed some parts of town are not as kept up as others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2021, 07:12 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
I don’t believe one company controls all Pocatello apartments. Try knocking on the door of complexes and see what they can do for you individually. If you need to go through a website then so be it. But the best deals are in person with the local manager. Believe it or not, they still exist.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I don’t believe one company controls all Pocatello apartments. Try knocking on the door of complexes and see what they can do for you individually. If you need to go through a website then so be it. But the best deals are in person with the local manager. Believe it or not, they still exist.
Are you local to Pocatello? Do you have knowledge of specific property management companies?

Old 11-08-2021, 08:09 PM

Not lately but lived in the area from 2006-2009, then moved to Idaho Falls. I’m sorry I can’t offer specifics but unless there has been a major change it is best to try and contact the local landlord or property owner for the best deals. It may take a little extra work but could save you on rent.

Old 11-09-2021, 02:49 PM

60 posts, read 38,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlady View Post
We'll be renting a 2 bedroom apartment either in January or summer 2022. From what I've found so far it seems like there's one primary property management company with traditional apartment complexes, and then apartments in houses. Does anyone have feedback of what to go with or stay away from? What about areas of town? Ideally easy commute to ISU, but I've noticed some parts of town are not as kept up as others.
I would scan east idaho craigslist or facebook marketplace for phone numbers before going to somewhere like apartments.com. there are handfuls of property management companies like jacob grant that operate all over southeast idaho.

Last edited by Theotherdude2; 11-09-2021 at 03:39 PM..

Old 11-10-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude2 View Post
I would scan east idaho craigslist or facebook marketplace for phone numbers before going to somewhere like apartments.com. there are handfuls of property management companies like jacob grant that operate all over southeast idaho.
Thanks, I'll do that.

Old 11-15-2021, 01:04 AM

35 posts, read 67,133 times
I assume you're referring to Rentfivestar.com? There are families who own 1-9 rental houses and/or duplexes who list them on apartments.com or pocatellorentals.com, too. Maybe go on nextdoor.com and ask on there. I find it troubling that a number of standalone houses are turning in to short term rentals. Idaho and Pocatello are super slow to think about limiting short term rentals and it's already a challenge in terms of parties and diminishing the long term rental supply.

I agree that looking at Craigslist is still a good idea for Pocatello.

It's a very broad generalization and is less true than it used to be, but the area west of the railroad tracks ("Oldtown") has the reputation of being more economically stressed and less house-proud than the east side. I say it's less true than it used to be because a number of older buildings have been renovated in Oldtown and mountain-biking enthusiasts are so eager to be by their west-side trailheads that there's been an infusion of energy/prosperity in a few patches on that side of town.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:27 PM

Pocatello’s new growth appears to be north of 86/15 interchange. That is based on an eye test, nothing else. The newer exits north of the interchange are driving this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: