Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM

35,196 posts, read 31,523,947 times

Advertisements

Agree of the layout in Pigeon Forge. It’s terrible. If you like shopping, go to Tanger Outlets.

Local Goat is far and away the best dining option in PF. That whole area, as a whole, has absolutely terrible food.

For distilleries, Sugarland is my preference, but they all basically do free tasting, and there is such a wide array of spirits down there that you definitely find something you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 10:28 AM

755 posts, read 501,252 times
2 votes for Local Goat, excellent. Thanks Serious!

Old 04-21-2024, 06:51 PM

37,818 posts, read 41,126,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Hi, can I get some things-around-town ideas for Knoxville? We're flying into McGhee in June, and have a full day/night in Knoxville. What are some areas and sights to explore, and what area to book a hotel room at?

No kids with, just us married gen-x'ers. We like architecture, museums, locale history, tours, sightseeing in general, stuff along those lines. We'll rent a car, so could travel around town. Restaurant recommendations are welcome as well. Budget wise, we're not on a tight one, but also not looking for opulent luxury or anything.

We'll also be going on to Gatlinburg, with a full day/night there as well. I already briefly researched a few of the attractions there, but could use input on what's actually worth checking out.

Thanks much!
I just browsed past a YouTube video about things to do in Gatlinburg. Do a YouTube search on Gatlinburg 35 Best Things To Do, then ask about the things that interest you here..

Old 04-24-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just browsed past a YouTube video about things to do in Gatlinburg. Do a YouTube search on Gatlinburg 35 Best Things To Do, then ask about the things that interest you here..
I'll check it out, thanks! Me and wifey did watch a few youtube vids earlier on Gatlinburg already.

Old 04-24-2024, 03:10 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,034,208 times
Quote:
We'll also be going on to Gatlinburg, with a full day/night there as well. I already briefly researched a few of the attractions there, but could use input on what's actually worth checking out.

I sure hope you scored a rental near downtown Gatlinburg where the action is, or you will spend hours in traffic just getting there and back to your room through Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
I sure hope you scored a rental near downtown Gatlinburg where the action is, or you will spend hours in traffic just getting there and back to your room through Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
No lol no way, we're staying in town for that, got a motel booked.

Old 04-27-2024, 07:05 PM

3,095 posts, read 3,374,629 times
Quote:
No lol no way, we're staying in town for that, got a motel booked.
Best value is to stay somewhere in Gatlinburg. You can be 1/2 mile from Ripley's Aquarium. Then you can try Ober Gatlinburg or Gatlinburg Space Needle. Wherever you stay be on the lookout for bears. They can be in the creek behind your place. Several shops, moonshine, usual tourist shopping up & down the Parkway.

At some point check out the Smoky Mountain National Park.

Between Sevierville and Pigeon Forge plenty of attractions to get your money. Check if you can get discount tickets. Because of the crowds at times plan ahead.

Old 04-28-2024, 08:50 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,841,993 times
I forgot to mention that when you are in PF and GB, if you're a veteran, ask for a veteran's discount. Restaurants, and even most attractions, there will often give a 5 to 15% discount to vets. They are very patriotic and happy to offer it.

Old 04-28-2024, 10:10 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,008,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Best value is to stay somewhere in Gatlinburg. You can be 1/2 mile from Ripley's Aquarium. Then you can try Ober Gatlinburg or Gatlinburg Space Needle. Wherever you stay be on the lookout for bears. They can be in the creek behind your place. Several shops, moonshine, usual tourist shopping up & down the Parkway.

At some point check out the Smoky Mountain National Park.

Between Sevierville and Pigeon Forge plenty of attractions to get your money. Check if you can get discount tickets. Because of the crowds at times plan ahead.
This is an excellent suggestion. Go early! And be mindful if one parks their vehicle longer than 15 minutes, a parking pass is required.

Old 04-28-2024, 11:20 AM

11,664 posts, read 12,773,483 times
If you have a few minutes, there's a small quirky museum of salt and pepper shakers. The collector passed away and turned her collection into a museum.

https://thesaltandpeppershakermuseum.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville