Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 05:56 PM

43 posts, read 14,512 times

Advertisements

I lived in LA for about 3 years, and the only outlet I had was Runyon Canyon Park, which wasn't that great.

Did I miss anything?

With all the pollution and traffic, I just lost my excitement for living there. The beaches were great, of course, but that requires an hour or two on the road.

Thank you for any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 09:28 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY4Life View Post
I lived in LA for about 3 years, and the only outlet I had was Runyon Canyon Park, which wasn't that great.

Did I miss anything?

With all the pollution and traffic, I just lost my excitement for living there. The beaches were great, of course, but that requires an hour or two on the road.

Thank you for any feedback.
Tell us you've never been to LA without telling us you've never been to LA. Its been DECADES since Los Angeles has had any problem with pollution. DECADES!!! This is thanks to some of the policies implemented by California leaders/politicians/companies. Only place where you may still find some pollution is in the I.E.

If you really did live in LA for 3 years and only been to Runyon, then yes you DID miss out. You missed out on a LOT. Why Runyon? Why not any of the other areas that are so close?

Old 03-14-2024, 10:06 AM

2,501 posts, read 1,292,691 times
You can experience the nature around the hills and coast.
Add a few parks and lakes.

Everything else is covered in cement.

I like Fern Dell trail. It goes along a small creek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW3-EpGiICk

Old 03-14-2024, 12:57 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
The thing I like about L.A. and I mean the Greater L.A Region is it's a mix of City,Suburbs,Nature,Wildlife and one of the Best Climates in the Country, and so many other interesting Coastal Communities stretching from Santa Barbara to San Diego,and then Palm Springs is nearby,and other short trips are nearby such as Las Vegas and Hawaii as well

Because L.A has Nature and Sunshine,this city provides a lot of outdoor activities that's Good for your Mental and Physical Health with all our Amazing State Parks,Forests,Mountains,Trails,Hiking,Beaches,Dese rts all nearby,and in my opinion L.A is one of the most Scenic and Geographically Diverse Cities in the Country

L.A is not for everyone,especially if your looking for the NYC or Chicago type of environment,because L.A is more of a relaxed city.

Old 03-21-2024, 06:21 PM

43 posts, read 14,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Tell us you've never been to LA without telling us you've never been to LA. Its been DECADES since Los Angeles has had any problem with pollution. DECADES!!! This is thanks to some of the policies implemented by California leaders/politicians/companies. Only place where you may still find some pollution is in the I.E.

If you really did live in LA for 3 years and only been to Runyon, then yes you DID miss out. You missed out on a LOT. Why Runyon? Why not any of the other areas that are so close?
Well, I lived in the Pasadena area.

I disagree with most of the posts here about "LA Nature"...it is not accessible unless you are willing to drive out a bit to get it.

Compare that to places that have better state parks, less pollution, and its not close. LA is a distant second. I am thinking of places like Niagara Falls or Lake George, NY.

LA beats others on the mild weather and the sun, but the smog and pollution and traffic, make LA one of the worst nature cities in the country.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:54 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:

I disagree with most of the posts here about "LA Nature"...it is not accessible unless you are willing to drive out a bit to get it.

Compare that to places that have better state parks, less pollution, and its not close. LA is a distant second. I am thinking of places like Niagara Falls or Lake George, NY.

LA beats others on the mild weather and the sun, but the smog and pollution and traffic, make LA one of the worst nature cities in the country.
JFC, Pasadena is so close to amazing nature in the foothills and Verdugos.

Any you're a fan of fricking Syracuse??!!

Troll elsewhere, bro.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:14 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
Your worried about driving in L.A to get to Nature,and yet you post about Lake George and Niagara Falls which are located in Upstate New York far away from NYC

Los Angeles is the 2nd largest City in the Country,and for a city it's size,I think L.A really does have good access to Nature nearby whether it's the Mountains,State Parks,Beaches,Deserts,Etc.

Your probably one of those Out of State Boosters that come to the California Forum just to brag about how wonderful your state is and how horrible California is

Quote:

Old 03-22-2024, 02:08 PM

5,977 posts, read 13,112,439 times
This guy has to be a troll. There is no way that he "lived in LA for 3 years", on top of that lived in Pasadena, perhaps the most nature surrounded part of greater LA where you have the entire San Gabriel Mountains/Angeles National Forest 20 minutes to the north (a wilderness where people get lost for days, and sometimes die in a snowstorm while hiking Mt. Baldy) , the Arroyo park corridor to the west, with all the hills of Ernest Debs Park, Mt. Washington, San Rafael hills around Descanso . . .

and this guys says "Runyon was my only outlet", an overhyped spot 45 minutes away famous for celebrity spotting.

I think we should ignore this guy.

The Sana Monica mountains literally bisects LA and has more lush canyons to explore that I still haven't hiked them all after living here for over a decade.

Old 03-22-2024, 04:22 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Tex, I agree. This dude IS just trolling. I knew it from his first post. Plus, anyone who says LA has "pollution" or "smog" either has NEVER been to LA, or havent been here since the 70s. We have absolutely ZERO smog/pollution problems here now. Good catch on how Runyon is 45 minutes away from Pasadena. I knew this guy has never been to LA before.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:32 PM

612 posts, read 351,298 times
Griffith Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles