Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 01:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 15,658,847 times

Advertisements

The article below, released today, discusses the activities taken by OAN executives that may be criminal, in which an email was sent to former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, with an attached spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of employees from the voting technology company, Smartmatic.

Smartmatic is suing OAN for defamation (from the 2020 election).

Article
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 05:16 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Crazy story I hope they are all charged with felonies. Need to make an example out of them.

Old 01-31-2024, 08:14 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The article below, released today, discusses the activities taken by OAN executives that may be criminal, in which an email was sent to former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, with an attached spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of employees from the voting technology company, Smartmatic.

Smartmatic is suing OAN for defamation (from the 2020 election).

Article
That is - bad - if true. As in, really bad. Off to prison, guys.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:04 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I find it pretty ludicrous that such a spreadsheet would exist.

If such a spreadsheet does exist, I would say that their ridiculously lousy security would be grounds for smartmatic to be removed from anything to do with elections.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post

If such a spreadsheet does exist, I would say that their ridiculously lousy security would be grounds for smartmatic to be removed from anything to do with elections.
It doesn't have to be real for a crime to have been committed, but nice attempt at blame-shifting.

And at this point, it's fairly well-established that Sidney Powell & Co. aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Personally, I find it perfectly feasible that someone sold them a spreadsheet with some usernames copied from Linkedin and took off with the money. Heck, it would show good old American entrepreneur spirit.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:56 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:

Blame the victim not the perp. Nice.

Old 02-02-2024, 06:03 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It doesn't have to be real for a crime to have been committed, but nice attempt at blame-shifting.

And at this point, it's fairly well-established that Sidney Powell & Co. aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Personally, I find it perfectly feasible that someone sold them a spreadsheet with some usernames copied from Linkedin and took off with the money. Heck, it would show good old American entrepreneur spirit.
Not sure if it is a crime or not, but I do have to agree that Sidney Powell (not sure about company) isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I will stand by my position, though, if someone had a spreadsheet showing accounts and passwords from my company, my IT guy would be looking for another job, at the very least. Especially if my company was engaged in something as serious as elections.

There are protocols available, to insure such a spreadsheet is (mathematically) impossible to assemble, unless your IT department has sold you out.

Old 02-02-2024, 06:43 PM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:

I have these desks, solid oak heavy bastige knee desks, all from letterkenny depot in pa when they 'closed'.

The "majors" desk I got from an auction in chambersburg MD for $5 and it is in my kids room. the damn thing is 200lbs empty.

The Captains desk came from an auction in new castle PA, for $10, Im typing on it as we speak (I sanded, finished and topped this one, custom drawer pulls and it is also my stereo workshop bench.

The LTs desk is just a single sided drawer one, my uncle gave to me, he got from goodwill couple years back and it is in the LR up my woods house.

The ranks assigned to each desk are indicative of their sizes - more bars, more desk.

And they are heavy overbuilt things the depot sold off by the bajillions in the late 90s.

They all had one other thing in common, besides oak, heavy drawers, knee hole and from letterkenny.

In the right side 'return' of each, the 1 inch thick oak plank that slides out to set stuff on (see the yamaha CR620 sitting on this one here?) had taped to it: a sheet with user-ids and passwords for the DOD computers on the base used by the desk occupant while on the base.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I will stand by my position, though, if someone had a spreadsheet showing accounts and passwords from my company, my IT guy would be looking for another job, at the very least. Especially if my company was engaged in something as serious as elections.

There are protocols available, to insure such a spreadsheet is (mathematically) impossible to assemble, unless your IT department has sold you out.
Oh, 100% agree. It would take some pretty serious skullduggery even so - no operating system I'm aware of saves usernames/passwords in cleartext.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
In the right side 'return' of each, the 1 inch thick oak plank that slides out to set stuff on (see the yamaha CR620 sitting on this one here?) had taped to it: a sheet with user-ids and passwords for the DOD computers on the base used by the desk occupant while on the base.
People are sloppy. But - that would have been one set of credentials. Gathering a number of credentials - particularly from a company with IT as its main business - is a different kettle of fish. IT can't read your passwords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media