Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 05:46 AM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times

Advertisements

it seem like as , at least me get older. people talking about other not here anymore. all the commericals on tv, about medicine, I feel a nervous unrest. My boss says, I think too much. But everything bothers me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2024, 07:21 AM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
anxiety is most often caused by gut dysbiosis and/or leaky gut. advise working on these two issues

Old 02-02-2024, 08:56 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
My suggestion is to not worry about it, but gat annual checkups, and any time you do find yourself with any unusual condition, don't hesitate to see a doctor. As I can tell you from experience, putting it off only makes it harder to treat, and more likely to have a permanent effect. Early treatment makes a huge difference. If it helps, those commercials are meant to make money for the big drug companies. Just because they are advertising those meds doesn't mean that everyone will need them.

Old 02-02-2024, 11:36 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
Do you have annual checkup with your primary doctor?
Bring up your feelin of unease but write down (before seeing your doctor) on a small paper exactly what makes you worried.
This may help you figure out why you feel this way and decide if there is something you can do for yourself.

Watching TV and news is guaranteed to make you feel worried so maybe limit how much you watch that.
Find books about how to relieve anxiety at the library, some are available as audio if that helps you.
There are classes, chair yoga for example, that helps relax the body and mind.

This year is not going to be low stress because of the election.
I am not an anxious person but I also am making efforts to get outside more, walking in natural areas, that helps lower stress.
Have you heard about the 4-7-8 breathing method? Google it. Also a stress reliever.
Don't do it while driving, just in case you fall asleep from relaxing breathing.

It takes a little effort to become less stressed and anxious, but it is very worth it.

Old 02-02-2024, 11:48 AM

1,379 posts, read 721,367 times
The reality is we can only control so much in our lives.

Old 02-02-2024, 11:50 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
it seem like as , at least me get older. people talking about other not here anymore. all the commericals on tv, about medicine, I feel a nervous unrest. My boss says, I think too much. But everything bothers me
Stay out of "politics and other controversies" and all other politically-charged forums. You seem to spend most of your time there. That's enough to make any normal person anxious.

If you watch only political news, stop doing that. If you obsess with videos about cops shooting innocent people, OR criminals getting away with crime, then stop doing that.

Go for a nature walk. Visit a museum of science. Watch some Happy Days reruns on TV.

Get your mind and your senses out of the things that trigger your fears. You're just wallowing in them, that's why you're "scared of everything" as you put it.

Old 02-02-2024, 02:34 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
The reality is we can only control so much in our lives.
Learning to distinguish between what you do and don't have control over is a very valuable life skill. Do you have a PCP? Maybe a talk with them will help you design a reasonable way forward. You can stop spinning your wheels over things that won't matter or help you. That will help you ignore all the alarmist advertising, quackery, and health fodder being thrown out everywhere you turn.

Old 02-02-2024, 03:18 PM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Stay out of "politics and other controversies" and all other politically-charged forums. You seem to spend most of your time there. That's enough to make any normal person anxious.

If you watch only political news, stop doing that. If you obsess with videos about cops shooting innocent people, OR criminals getting away with crime, then stop doing that.

1000000% true. Just stay out of those cesspools of negativity.

Old 02-02-2024, 10:37 PM

256 posts, read 113,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I once ventured into the Politics & Other Controversies chamber, I hardly made it out of there alive!

It has a harmful effect on a person's mental health. Not recommended.

Old 02-03-2024, 11:40 AM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWing View Post
I once ventured into the Politics & Other Controversies chamber, I hardly made it out of there alive!

It has a harmful effect on a person's mental health. Not recommended.
Not to mention the brain drain. When I first started as a member here I peeked at that forum a few times, and each time left feeling like I was dumber than I was before. I am now subscribed to all the forums EXCEPT P&OC (which includes the Media & Immigration subforums). That garbage doesn't even show up in my new threads list now.

Unfortunately, those are the "unwashed masses" of our society. Too bad we can't block that crap in real life. I encounter it every day, in person. Exhausting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health