Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2023, 09:42 AM

1,663 posts, read 4,362,313 times

Advertisements

... of banks needing a lifeline from the cartel known as The Fed

What a surprise. "The banking system is sound".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 06:38 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
... of banks needing a lifeline from the cartel known as The Fed

What a surprise. "The banking system is sound".
I think Glacier will be fine. They went on a gobbling spree and I’d imagine they failed to take a hard look under the hood of some of the acquired banks. I think their core deposits are in good shape.

Old 05-06-2023, 10:01 AM

1,663 posts, read 4,362,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I think Glacier will be fine. They went on a gobbling spree and I’d imagine they failed to take a hard look under the hood of some of the acquired banks. I think their core deposits are in good shape.
In 2008 banks had to come up with a drawdown plan in case of what is going on right now. Bank execs had plenty of time and warning while the clueless/helpless public is always the last to know. They saw this coming last year as soon as rates started going up.

Wouldn't be surprised if the BoD and C suite execs bonus themselves, since there's no consequences for bad decisions and failure when you run with the right crowd.

Likely scenario is GB and others will be on life support until they're divested and/or absorbed into The Bigs.

Curious to see who's next in the coming weeks/months ... First Interstate? Stockman?

Old 05-07-2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
In 2008 banks had to come up with a drawdown plan in case of what is going on right now. Bank execs had plenty of time and warning while the clueless/helpless public is always the last to know. They saw this coming last year as soon as rates started going up.

Wouldn't be surprised if the BoD and C suite execs bonus themselves, since there's no consequences for bad decisions and failure when you run with the right crowd.

Likely scenario is GB and others will be on life support until they're divested and/or absorbed into The Bigs.

Curious to see who's next in the coming weeks/months ... First Interstate? Stockman?
Go read their FDIC call reports. That’ll tell you where they stand.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:20 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
I was just in there a few weeks back and having recently discovered the long online list of Other Banks We've Eaten.... yeah, I told them I wasn't very happy with that, because I'd observed these gobbling sprees as presaging collapse in other banks (and you gotta wonder how good a bank is doing if they want to be eaten).... and that I was with GB specifically because they were in-state, not national. But that seems to be changing.

Oh, but we're all fine, they told me.

Well, Yellowstone Bank is right across the street. Dunno how well they're doing otherwise, but they have a very restrained appetite, and are showing about double the return on assets.

https://www.usbanklocations.com/glac...cial-info.html
https://www.usbanklocations.com/the-...cial-info.html

Can't find offhand the page I wanted, that shows acquisitions.

Old 09-15-2023, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I was just in there a few weeks back and having recently discovered the long online list of Other Banks We've Eaten.... yeah, I told them I wasn't very happy with that, because I'd observed these gobbling sprees as presaging collapse in other banks (and you gotta wonder how good a bank is doing if they want to be eaten).... and that I was with GB specifically because they were in-state, not national. But that seems to be changing.

Oh, but we're all fine, they told me.

Well, Yellowstone Bank is right across the street. Dunno how well they're doing otherwise, but they have a very restrained appetite, and are showing about double the return on assets.

https://www.usbanklocations.com/glac...cial-info.html
https://www.usbanklocations.com/the-...cial-info.html

Can't find offhand the page I wanted, that shows acquisitions.
I know both of them. Right now both are on solid footings. Yellowstone is privately owned, Glacier is publicly traded. Both are well funded.

Old 09-15-2023, 11:16 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
I know both of them. Right now both are on solid footings. Yellowstone is privately owned, Glacier is publicly traded. Both are well funded.
That's good to know. Hopefully they'll stay solid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana