Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

221 posts, read 251,639 times

Advertisements

Can’t help but notice how rediculous the situation is with that new restaurant across from the old roadhouse. I have no inside information but I’d have to assume that there are two fueding property owners involved in that mess. The location is god awlful to begin with and I can not understand how a decision could be made to open that restaurant without owning or purchasing that adjacent parcel. The entrance to that restaurant is laughable and it appears the neighboring property owner could be making things more difficult. Today there is a huge dumpster right out against the Blvd and entrance to that restaurant. I have no clue when that place will open but I don’t see it having long term success. That franchise is already in financial trouble and with that horrendous location I’d be surprised if it is there two years from now. It seems like it took 2 years to construct it and that’s a horrible sign. Tells me the planning was very poor or they have poor leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

892 posts, read 1,062,766 times
They've had to push back the opening date a couple different times now. At one point a Google search said it was opening in April (I forget the date), then it was May 13th and now June 17th. Not to mention this place was first announced way back in 2018, something weird is definitely going on.

Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

932 posts, read 840,319 times
I personally think it’s a great location that’s easily accessible and has fantastic visibility on a major thoroughfare. I also think it’ll be extremely successful, simply because it’s a very good restaurant chain with no other locations around outside of Ohio and Huntington. I assumed the dumpster out front is part of the restaurants construction project, but I could be wrong.

The construction project did take a very long time, but I honestly think it was due to there being a very small construction crew working on it. The work on it seemed to be consistent as to say it was without financial delays, but the construction crew seemed to max out at 2 maybe 3 people.

I’m hopeful to say the least, I’ll definitely be there June 17th.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

221 posts, read 251,639 times
I’ll disagree on location. That lot is tiny and the entrance getting into it is awkwardly steep and narrow. All of the parking is in the rear. I can see it being a royal pain pulling into that lot if you are heading up the blvd toward the coliseum having to cross traffic. And even worse pulling out of the restaurant turning left to go up hill. I dont think it’s a slam dunk by any means. Imagine how much potential it would have if it was out next to the KFC at West Ridge.

Old Today, 02:49 PM

64 posts, read 65,749 times
I like the location, and I don’t think it will be any worse than what the Road House was! I can’t wait for it to open!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown