Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2024, 07:23 PM

472 posts, read 346,208 times

Advertisements

Hello again!

I posted previously about different areas in the Nashville area, and, as JMT suggested, we really fell in love with Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville. The Mt. Juliet place we found is really nice, near the south lake, and just really fits us. The problem however is that the house itself is actually in Davidson County. I'm a bit worried about that for resale value or even for us in the future.

It's zoned for some really poorly ranked schools in Davidson County and I just assume a lot of folks head out to Mt. Juliet for the public schools, thereby really hurting us if we decided we liked a different area and wanted to move a few years down the line. Or making it tough to rent etc.

Should we abandon this one and search for something in Wilson County? Or head up to Sumner County? This Mt. Juliet location would also be closer to work for me, which is also a nice perk.

Lastly, we were seriously considering living in the city, around East Nashville as well. Seems like a fun, hip area that would have a good amount of resale/rent in the future. It just seems a bit sketchy in some of the parts and really changes block to block. Would appreciate all y'all's insight once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 07:46 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,497 times
I see nobody has replied yet.

When looking at schools, it's more a factor for families with children of that age. If you have children, then definitely should look in better school zones. As for current/future resale prices, I've found that's already 'baked in' to the price. So you may be looking at a real stunner in Davidson for a price you couldn't touch in Wilson. So as for resale of a house in Davidson goes, I'd say you're likely to see that it will appreciate (maybe not at a rate as in other "hot" areas), but your potential buyer pool may be limited to fewer families. Nashville housing has done quite well over the past decade, and that's likely to continue. I think you'll actually see more of a difference in the property taxes between the two counties, but I'm not sure about that.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:02 PM

457 posts, read 496,313 times
I have lived in Mt. Juliet most of my life and never knew of this area until we looked at a house out here. It is very quiet and peaceful. The location is actually pretty awesome. I always go to Mt. Juliet to shop, doctor visits, etc., without sitting in all of the MJ traffic. I love it back here. I don’t have kids in school, but the elementary school that we are zoned for is highly rated. I’d choose private school after that. I don’t worry about resell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: