Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 12:06 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times

Advertisements

Good Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnGrvkXPQRQ

Middle class will be no longer be in NYC if we don't make changes now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 12:58 PM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
When I mentioned a few times earlier that half of this city is on some sort of welfare program, there were the usual suspects who claimed I was lying.

Where are they now?

People need to understand that this is happening because this city is being run politically this way and this isn’t sustainable. The politicians are creating an entire class of people who are subservient to them for their very existence in this city. With that comes political loyalty and a severe lack of accountability within city politics. We’re experiencing that at present.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:32 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
I don't waste time on random YouTube videos.

Let me know when you have a serious piece, preferably written, from a serious source.

Old 04-12-2024, 06:40 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

Let me know when you have a serious piece, preferably written, from a serious source.
Cash Jordan (the video creator) has been banging on for a while about everything that is bad about NYC. Very rarely are his videos positive. I think he goes to the extremes.

Old 04-12-2024, 06:48 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
yall be trolling to paint false narratives of things that aren't true

Old 04-12-2024, 06:52 AM

106,571 posts, read 108,713,667 times
i don’t waste my time watching crap

Old 04-12-2024, 12:08 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

What do you consider a "serious" source?

Legacy media outlets like CNN, NYT, Wapo, Fox news, etc are quickly becoming obsolete. The only reason many are staying afloat for the time being is that conglomerates and billionaires are pumping money into them to pump out propaganda that aligns with their interests.

Maybe 10-15 years ago, those were serious sources. Not anymore.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:23 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
What do you consider a "serious" source?

Legacy media outlets like CNN, NYT, Wapo, Fox news, etc are quickly becoming obsolete. The only reason many are staying afloat for the time being is that conglomerates and billionaires are pumping money into them to pump out propaganda that aligns with their interests.

Maybe 10-15 years ago, those were serious sources. Not anymore.
A serious source to them is any liberal newspaper article that only paints the city in a bright light. Give them a video of man on the street or a vlogger going around and asking real people's opinions and it's not legit. Too bad they don't realize the real pulse of the nation is not something written in a newspaper. When they or their family members get mugged - get forced out of their apts because they are moving illegals in or just watch their buildings become rat traps because the owners decide to take the gov't money and move immigrants in - then these people will all disappear. You'll never hear them say - you were right or I should have listened to you.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:38 PM

912 posts, read 1,131,370 times
I used to follow Cash Jordan years ago, when he basically did just real estate videos. Unfollowed him when he transitioned to opinion pieces. Basically every video he put up was title along the lines of “ is this the end of NY?” You can only do so many videos about the imminent collapse of NYC before it becomes apparent that you’re peddling click bait about the same nonsense that just isn’t true.

The city has it’s problems. And I do believe there is some truth to statements that city policies contribute to our current issues. But the exaggerated extreme position that the City’s demise is just around the corner due to crime, migrants, homelessness, is just that; an exaggeration based on anecdotal evidence. Yes, NYC has many problems, but at the end of the day, it’s still one of the safest, if not the safest, major city in the country and continues to be, the prominent economic engine of the country. And that’s not changing anytime soon.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:46 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i don’t waste my time watching crap
Sure you do, we all do. Ever watch corporate media?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: