Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 05:15 AM

42 posts, read 50,338 times

Advertisements

Hello, looking for recommended restaurants, preferably near Ko Olina? We already have Palace Saimin, Liliha Bakery, Leonard's, and a few others on the list. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2022, 07:57 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Have any budget restrictions/considerations?

Old 12-18-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Have any budget restrictions/considerations?
Nothing too fancy. Just a tourist, trying to stay away from the touristy locations

Old 12-18-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzail View Post
Nothing too fancy. Just a tourist, trying to stay away from the touristy locations
Ok. I can't touch on the Ko Olina area specifically (I used to go to the Disney buffet pre-COVID, but apparently it was scrapped at the start of the pandemic and isn't coming back) but since you have Leonard's on the list, I'd highly recommend that you check out Kono's North Shore right next door. It's a pork-centric establishment and they have wonderful sandwiches.

I'd also do a search of the Oahu forum as there have been some good recommendations over the years.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy your visit

Old 12-18-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Ok. I can't touch on the Ko Olina area specifically (I used to go to the Disney buffet pre-COVID, but apparently it was scrapped at the start of the pandemic and isn't coming back) but since you have Leonard's on the list, I'd highly recommend that you check out Kono's North Shore right next door. It's a pork-centric establishment and they have wonderful sandwiches.

I'd also do a search of the Oahu forum as there have been some good recommendations over the years.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy your visit
I appreciate the info! Thanks!

Old 12-19-2022, 11:45 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times
Yelp will provide far better recommendations with actual reviews than anything you will find here. Ko olina is extremely limited to expensive hotel restaurants - and the ok Monkeypod and a ok Mexican place. Kapolei nearby isn't exactly known for its culinary scene.

Old 12-22-2022, 11:27 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,516 times
Island Vintage Coffee if you like latte art. Their Breakfast Plate is spectacular.

Old 02-13-2023, 03:06 AM

4,858 posts, read 453,427 times
Boston's Pizza in Kailua. Best Pizza in Hawaii, anywhere. It's in a strip mall with Safeway and Navy Federal Credit Union. Kaneohe Bay Drive, just across the street from where Kalaheo Ave. begins and runs down toward the beach. From Kaneohe, just stay on Kaneohe Bay Drive for the full length and the strip mall will be on your left: Aikahi Park Shopping Center.

(There is also a Boston's Pizza on Waialae Avenue in Honolulu on the way out to Kahala Mall. It is unrelated, somehow. That's what they told me in the Kailua shop.)

They make ONLY large 30-inch pizzas. You can sit down or take it away. The calzone is also excellent, but you can't have that made to order. You have to buy what they've pre-cooked. You can get pizza by the slice, too. But I think it's like the calzone: you must order from whatever they've decided you might like to eat.

Last edited by sitonmywhat; 02-13-2023 at 03:14 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 07:57 AM

80 posts, read 88,634 times
What's wrong with tourist spots? They're often popular for a reason and you are a tourist after all.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg67 View Post
What's wrong with tourist spots? They're often popular for a reason and you are a tourist after all.
That's possible. But McDonald's is a popular tourist spot, too

For me it comes down to whether locals frequent a place, too. If only tourists are generally going somewhere, then I take that into consideration, too, as these are the people who I'd think would know best. It's not fool proof, but it's served me well so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu