Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2024, 12:39 PM

26,276 posts, read 13,201,087 times

Advertisements

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/...254655d0c17d9d

There is no heat advisory in effect that I've seen, but there should be.

Be careful out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2024, 09:24 AM

330 posts, read 392,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Be careful out there.

WOW.... I wasn't aware it could get that bad. I'll be there this coming week, and see for myself.

Though I need to ask, What is July to Sept like as far as the so called 'Feels Like' goes ?

Old 06-07-2024, 03:20 PM

735 posts, read 770,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
WOW.... I wasn't aware it could get that bad. I'll be there this coming week, and see for myself.

Though I need to ask, What is July to Sept like as far as the so called 'Feels Like' goes ?
I don't track the 'feels like' stat much, but I can tell you dew point is consistently in the 70's for most of 5 months. Even an night it's pretty humid and dew point is around 70. Daytime dew point will be upper 70s pretty consistently.

On sunny days, that's when that 'feels like' gets so hot. On days we get the afternoon showers, things usually cool off a bit, so evenings are more comfortable, though still humid. 'Feels like' won't be so high on the rain days, but dew point can still stay mid-to-upper 70s.

Old Today, 11:28 AM

Today, it peaked at 114. Starting Tuesday, the daily rain showers are supposed to begin, as the wind direction shifts.

The daily rains will help cool it down in the evenings, but "feels like" will continue to hit 100+ most days through September, & even in to October. The last 3 October's have been as bad as September.

Our hot season keeps expanding. 30 years ago, October was my favorite month...not now though.

We leave in 3 weeks for the mountains of Western NC, & I can hardly wait. "Feel like" there is currently 32 degrees cooler than it is here. I'll gladly drive 8 hrs, & pay $120/day for the next 2 months to improve temps by 32 degrees.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

4,802 posts, read 10,667,672 times
Our usual 'high temp' & RH for the past several days...

Some days we barely get to 70 with 50 or less for overnight low, perfect for my temp range preference.

Dunno how anyone 'does it' in SW FL, from mid April through mid November.

Elevation is one's friend, in 'Summertime'. Our Mtn home is ~ 4,800 ft on a mountain ridge.

Stay cool down there.
GL, mD

PS: Ignore the day/date/time...15 yr old temp gauge constantly 'resets itself', glitch...

Old Today, 02:21 PM

I'll be at 2,231 elevation in NC, so not quite as cool atop Waynesville, but still 30+ degrees cooler than Venice, FL.

Our heat wave is due to break Tuesday (June 12th). Aside from the heat, we're in a drought too. ~20% of my grass is Brown. I'm told it will come back after some heavy rains. The ponds used to irrigate lawns in HOA communities are so low, the HOA's are shutting off the valves to the community at times to conserve, so we have to resort to using county water w/ hoses and sprinklers. Strict laws are in place, so 1 day/wk is all that is allowed, & you cannot keep your lawn alive for long watering 1x/wk.

I've lived in Florida on and off for 20+ years, but never seen it this hot and dry, for this long. Every year worsens.

So few venture out mid-day, the roads are desolate. If it were not for AC, this area would be a ghost town May-October.

If this warming trend continues, it could start impacting real estate values & our economy here. I may move across the State to get the cool Atlantic Ocean breezes that are generated from the Gulf Steam. SW Florida's Gulf of Mexico is so warm, it provides no colling effect at all.

The barrier island off Vero Beach (32963) is likely my next residence. Meanwhile, I'll keep extending my Summer escapes to the Mountains of NC.

Old Today, 02:24 PM

30,716 posts, read 21,581,856 times
Quote:

Be careful out there.
This is what ya get a west flow blowing off of nasty 88f gulf water temps. I hate it here so much i gotta move soon.

Old Today, 03:19 PM

330 posts, read 392,146 times
Quote:

If this warming trend continues, it could start impacting real estate values & our economy here. I may move across the State to get the cool Atlantic Ocean breezes that are generated from the Gulf Steam. SW Florida's Gulf of Mexico is so warm, it provides no colling effect at all.

The barrier island off Vero Beach (32963) is likely my next residence. Meanwhile.

What would be the actual difference temp-wise and 'feels like' or dew-point wise between the east and west coasts ? Is it actually that much cooler on the east coast ? I'm reading anything over 70 DP is termed 'oppressive'.

Old Today, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
What would be the actual difference temp-wise and 'feels like' or dew-point wise between the east and west coasts ? Is it actually that much cooler on the east coast ? I'm reading anything over 70 DP is termed 'oppressive'.
I just looked at it....Vero Beach 32963 on the East coast of FLA is 15 degree cooler in "feels like" than Venice, FL on the SW coast.

15 degrees is a noticeable difference.

This article says it all about SW FLA's current situation:

https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/new...ecord-may-2024

The word of the day is...."oppressive"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area