Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:10 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Think of each dept Target has in their stores. Be sure to include their food dept, pharmacy, shoes, jewelry, magazines, a Starbux...the works. Now match that up with each store in you lil tiny town selling that product category and imagine how a dept, just a dept in the store can take away from that small biz in your town Got it?
Exactly. Albania, if I were you, I would be keeping my fingers crossed for other more important things like infill or expansion projects for downtown Statesboro. Not jumping to post about a big box store that hasn't even been announced yet. Trigger happy are we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM

267 posts, read 447,825 times
Quote:
Think of each dept Target has in their stores. Be sure to include their food dept, pharmacy, shoes, jewelry, magazines, a Starbux...the works. Now match that up with each store in you lil tiny town selling that product category and imagine how a dept, just a dept in the store can take away from that small biz in your town Got it?
Thank you for saving me the trouble lol. It blows my mind that there are people who can't grasp this. If everyone had this same mentality that chain stores and restaurants were so great then every town in america would essentially look the same.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 PM

808 posts, read 1,014,839 times
Well you cant just say no to big box development just because it 'may' mess with small business. Lol no we're not going to be on the square celebrating when the news gets announced. @WonderingImport: Yea i'll agree about Downtown Expansion! Thats really my number 1 thing im rooting for! In january city council approved a resolution for a tax allocation district to spur more development along South Main Downtown(but would require a referendum) and i think it might be on the May ballot. So im so excited about that. LETS GO DOWNTOWN! Targets acoming !

Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 PM

2,505 posts, read 1,845,872 times
Any proof on this? Checked Statesboro Herald's website and saw nothing. Would be really excited if true!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,700,416 times
^^^^ What ever.(@Albania)

Old 03-06-2014, 09:36 PM

2,505 posts, read 1,845,872 times
Quote:
No. Most of the customers who will shop at Target will be the current Wal-Mart customers, not the ones who currently shop at small businesses. Our Wal-Mart is already packed beyond belief. It could use a little competition.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,925 times
Quote:
^^^^ What ever.(@Albania)
You're having entirely too much fun with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
No. Most of the customers who will shop at Target will be the current Wal-Mart customers, not the ones who currently shop at small businesses. Our Wal-Mart is already packed beyond belief. It could use a little competition.
Yes and no. Target caters to slightly more middle class (upper) whereas Wal-Mart is in a category below that (lower middle/lower income). At least that's how it works in Savannah and Atlanta.

I could see Target drawing customers from the smaller downtown boutiques despite the die hards. Thank goodness for the die hards (shoppers that will frequent the downtown boutiques no matter what).

Old 03-07-2014, 03:47 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
There are "boutiques" in downtown Statesboro?!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,700,416 times
Can't wait for Albania to come on board with the latest inside edition news re: last night's happening with Target. He's prolly sleeping late because of the vigil..

Did you know that this very same rumor goes back as far as 2008?( No joking for a change.)

Old 03-07-2014, 08:00 AM

808 posts, read 1,014,839 times
Ooops Sorry Guys i have just been informed that it was another 'The Boro that a Target was rumored to be coming to! And i think its in Tennessee. False Alarm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area