Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 884 times

Advertisements

So I will probably be getting kicked out of my house soon, mom has threatened it multiple times. One of these times she'll probably mean it and I want to be prepared. I won't answer any comments on my home life; I don't want to hear them.

I can't drive, I don't have an id, I don't have money, I have no friends.

What are my options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 10:25 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Any shelters where you live that you could go to until you get better situated? If not, can you get ahold of a tent, sleeping bag and backpack?

Old 10-19-2022, 10:27 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Any shelters near where you live that you could go to until you get better situated? If not, can you get your hands on a tent, sleeping bag and a backpack?

Old 03-25-2023, 07:15 PM

113 posts, read 103,411 times
First thing, you should do is go to One door. They help with getting you a place to live, and sign you up for all these different programs in town.

But you need to find a way to get an ID, so you can get a job. That way you can save some money, for either a car or a place to live.

Old 03-26-2023, 05:52 AM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothanks93 View Post
So I will probably be getting kicked out of my house soon, mom has threatened it multiple times. One of these times she'll probably mean it and I want to be prepared. I won't answer any comments on my home life; I don't want to hear them.

I can't drive, I don't have an id, I don't have money, I have no friends.

What are my options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia616 View Post
First thing, you should do is go to One door. They help with getting you a place to live, and sign you up for all these different programs in town.

But you need to find a way to get an ID, so you can get a job. That way you can save some money, for either a car or a place to live.
You gave a good answer, but the OP seems to have posted once and departed.

They did not fill out their profile, they didn't say why they can't drive, nor why they don't have an ID.
For that matter, they don't say whether they are 13, 23, or 33 years old.

This happens, from time to time, leaving us to guess what their true motive for posting was.
This person does check back, every few days, so there is the possibility they will fill in some details.
(The forum software records when they click on any topic on the forum, so they could be reading some other part of the forum.)

Old 03-26-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
You gave a good answer, but the OP seems to have posted once and departed.

They did not fill out their profile, they didn't say why they can't drive, nor why they don't have an ID.
For that matter, they don't say whether they are 13, 23, or 33 years old.

This happens, from time to time, leaving us to guess what their true motive for posting was.
This person does check back, every few days, so there is the possibility they will fill in some details.
(The forum software records when they click on any topic on the forum, so they could be reading some other part of the forum.)
Thank you. I am homeless myself, that's how I know about One door. My mom and I have jobs and she's disabled as well. We are also very close to getting a voucher.

I think that is disrespectful to ask a question and run off, because by doing that they are wasting other people's time. When we are only trying to help. I thought it was a little weird they don't have an ID.

Old 03-26-2023, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I am homeless myself, that's how I know about One door. My mom and I have jobs and she's disabled as well. We are also very close to getting a voucher.

I think that is disrespectful to ask a question and run off, because by doing that they are wasting other people's time. When we are only trying to help. I thought it was a little weird they don't have an ID.
I am guessing a teenager, and at his mom's wits end, or with a mom who's mental health is spotty.

Not necessarily the OP, but a lot of teenagers think they can excel, as soon as they get out on their own. How they can expect to make it on the outside, when being coddled by their mother is too hard, is beyond me. Then again, I was a teenager, once ...

Old 03-27-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I am guessing a teenager, and at his mom's wits end, or with a mom who's mental health is spotty.

Not necessarily the OP, but a lot of teenagers think they can excel, as soon as they get out on their own. How they can expect to make it on the outside, when being coddled by their mother is too hard, is beyond me. Then again, I was a teenager, once ...
I would agree, but I think parents nowadays aren't doing a good enough job raising kids. I mean, if I acted how some of these kids act... My butt would be spanked.

They do, and have you seen the ones at these jobs they do a half ass job. Same of them anyway. But it all comes back to how they were raised.

Old 03-28-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I would agree, but I think parents nowadays aren't doing a good enough job raising kids. I mean, if I acted how some of these kids act... My butt would be spanked.

They do, and have you seen the ones at these jobs they do a half ass job. Same of them anyway. But it all comes back to how they were raised.
There were a lot of things we did better in 1950.
(Not everything.)

Old 03-29-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
There were a lot of things we did better in 1950.
(Not everything.)
Sometimes I feel I should've been born back then lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of: