Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 05:01 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times

Advertisements

I normally fly Delta but can get a direct flight with AA.

For those that have flown both what is the comparisons? It's about 3 hour flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 05:11 PM

558 posts, read 279,435 times
In our experience Delta/AA/United/Alaska offer comparable experiences. As long as the price is similar we almost always choose a direct flight if available.

Old 03-26-2024, 07:54 PM

51 posts, read 26,355 times
I flew with American Airlines for the first time last month.

Everything was thumbs up. Seats seemed larger with more more leg room. Organized and effecient announcing and boarding. Polite staff.

Flights on time.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:35 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Delta is ok. However, there is no real quality airline based in this country. I've had far better experiences with foreign airlines like Turkish Airlines, TAP (Portugal), Quantas, Air New Zealand, Korean Air Lines (I won't go on). The point is no airline in the USA really offers very good service or even a decent assortment of foods and beverages to tourist class passengers.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:44 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
I’d take AA over ANY that have been mentioned. Not perfect, but mostly positive experiences.

Old 03-27-2024, 05:30 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Recently I took an AA flight in one direction and Delta in the opposite direction (as I was using different airports in the area). Both tickets cost similar prices and the experience on both airlines was also relatively similar.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:13 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
AA is fine....but I have status and fly either Business Class or Premium Economy along with early boarding and other perks.

One airline I stopped flying about 10 years ago is United and I will never fly a no frills airline (domestic or foreign).

Old 03-27-2024, 08:15 AM

558 posts, read 279,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Delta is ok. However, there is no real quality airline based in this country. I've had far better experiences with foreign airlines like Turkish Airlines, TAP (Portugal), Quantas, Air New Zealand, Korean Air Lines (I won't go on). The point is no airline in the USA really offers very good service or even a decent assortment of foods and beverages to tourist class passengers.
None of these carriers is an option for the OP. The major U.S. airlines are all going to give you water and a snack on short haul flights. What more do you need on a 3 hour flight. If you want better service buy a seat up front.

Our short haul flights on Qantas/Air New Zealand/Virgin Australia earlier this year were basically the same as domestic U.S. carriers and there were more turbo props. Korean Air from Tokyo to Seoul in October was absolutely outstanding as was a Dubrovnik to Istanbul flight on Turkish in 2021. TAP from Lisbon to Munich last December was OK but the scrum at boarding and cod for breakfast were a bit off-putting.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:21 AM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
American isn't what it used to be and neither are the others IMHO. I don't care so much about what the food is like. I care whether they are on time. The flights to Europe from O'Hare were nothing special just like my flight from DFW to Gladewater in East TX. I am just concerned about safety and keeping to a schedule.

I will say Altalia was a great flight in Italy and the old Continental from IAH to AMS was a very nice flight with new planes and great food. However, I am too cheap to fly Bus. so you get what you pay for.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:04 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Thanks for the feedback. I honestly expected to hear negative things about AA but sounds like overall it's decent for what I need it for.

I will miss watching movies but not having to connect is just a huge deal for me. I hate being stressed out & worrying about missing a connection ever since I had to stay in a airport over night & most of the next day before I could leave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel