Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2023, 04:35 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times

Advertisements

I had an opportunity to see this 40-min film last night - No Other Lake. The two young men who put it together did an amazing job as one kayaked Champlain south to north and the other filmed it. The focus was on the water's health and the cyanobacteria bloom issues. I thought it was very well done and I highly recommend it.

https://lakechamplainfilm.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2023, 12:00 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
I will try to catch it, and am hoping it will be available on lne of the internet platforms (?) in the near future.

I live in Chambly Quebec, on the basin which is almost smack in the middle of the length of Richelieu river, the main tributary of Lake Champlain’s watershed. What happens to the lake is definitely of great concern to us.

Thank you for the link, Riley!

Old 01-14-2023, 12:02 PM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
I've been the length of the lake (and the canals at each end), but it has been years. I too am curious what the experience was and what they did as a documentary. The area that had outflow from the Missisquoi River was an area heavy with seaweed (and some decent fish), and North Beach was always a place I avoided, but most of the rest of it was quite nice.

Old 01-14-2023, 04:32 PM

It's a trip I've always wanted to do. My former tax prep person, a woman close to my own age, said she did it solo and it was one of the best things she'd ever done.
The young man who paddled was often right out in the middle of the lake, which if you've ever paddled there, well you may as well be in the ocean! I guess that was for the film. I would have hugged the shore. Anyway, up north near St Albans, the blooms are awful and is literally a green, mossy film on top of the water.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:15 PM

914 posts, read 2,917,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I had an opportunity to see this 40-min film last night - No Other Lake. The two young men who put it together did an amazing job as one kayaked Champlain south to north and the other filmed it. The focus was on the water's health and the cyanobacteria bloom issues. I thought it was very well done and I highly recommend it.

https://lakechamplainfilm.com/
Is it safe to drink the lake water or swim in the lake when the bloom is present?

Old 05-25-2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Is it safe to drink the lake water or swim in the lake when the bloom is present?
I don't think so....but honestly, I don't know for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: