Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 10,373 times

Advertisements

If you are looking for a place to rent in Wichita kansas..DO NOT RENT at Parke East Townhomes. SUre,,they are large...lots of storage,,,but then it stops. AC does not blow. It is undersized for the amount of Air needed to be pulled in and blow out. Which in this one also means HEATER in winter is almost like nothing. And speaking of nothing....That is what Teri the manager says they can do about it. Want to here more?? okay....Carpets...they have paint on them from when they painted the place before we moved in. In our walkthru we mentioned this and showed her all the places that we would like cleaned up. to this day....she still has it noted and if we decide to move,,,she promises not to charge us a cleaning for the carpet when we move and the lease runs out. Bathroom sinks,,,,,nice big long table with 2 sinks. the left sink heat knob falls off in sink when u use it..it is stripped out. The other sink both hot and cold water needs sealss replaced. the dude who showed up didnt know how to check things for himeslf. Replaced the complete faucet on the right side. The one that needed the whole knob he did nothing to it,,,,,lol lol. When the toilet flushed,,,It made enough noise to wake the neighbors. Told them that they needed to replace the flush unit and all will be well. Well almost....he did not know how to. And when he finally did,,,He could not adjust it so it rain constantly until I came home and fixed it.
They are the worst I have ever been with thru many years of renting. Now its summer and hot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:40 AM

62 posts, read 228,620 times
wow. What a mess. Is there a tenent association or maybe legal aid that can help you?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:47 AM

4 posts, read 40,485 times
oh boy sounds like a place I was in my landlord promied to fix things that were broken when we moved in never did then when hail storm hit and broke out windows she told us to put something up to keep our belongings from being messed up it that was almost a year ago and she got the insurance check but instead of fixing place up she took her kids on vaccation found out you can contact the housing athorities and place rent in escrow. meaning you keep paying but to the place its in escrow that will get her moving fast because she wont get money until its fixed
good luck

Old 09-22-2008, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 13,043 times
Default Now, for the rest of the story...

The landlord of Parke East (Teri) was very concerned that there had been some miscommunication regarding the move-in items needing to be taken care of, the a/c, etc. So the landlord took her maint supervisor over to this townhome and made sure things were taken care of (and videotaped) immediately. The plastic piece was glued back on the end of the faucet, the a/c was registering 32 deg blowing out, a piece of paper was held above each floor vent and blew straight up (showing the air was blwoing out properly) the tub was recaulked, etc. After this, the residents were still not happy with their townhome, so the landlord offered to let the residents out of their lease with a 30-day notice with no further obligations. The residents decided to stay and remain living at Parke East Townhomes. They are still valued residents to this day.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM

378 posts, read 1,620,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlordreply View Post
The landlord of Parke East (Teri) was very concerned that there had been some miscommunication regarding the move-in items needing to be taken care of, the a/c, etc. So the landlord took her maint supervisor over to this townhome and made sure things were taken care of (and videotaped) immediately. The plastic piece was glued back on the end of the faucet, the a/c was registering 32 deg blowing out, a piece of paper was held above each floor vent and blew straight up (showing the air was blwoing out properly) the tub was recaulked, etc. After this, the residents were still not happy with their townhome, so the landlord offered to let the residents out of their lease with a 30-day notice with no further obligations. The residents decided to stay and remain living at Parke East Townhomes. They are still valued residents to this day.
haha, that's so awesome! I lol'd in real life.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:27 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
Whoa,The landlord actually got on and responded!
Someone must have tipped Management that there was a post on here.
Funny Stuff!

Old 10-24-2008, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 19,078 times
Default gettinghosed

well what it is all true. I love my town home. but they do not fix anything with out being threaten. also the maint supervisor was caught stealing and sleeping in peoples homes when he was to be fixing the place. WOW! the only 2 good maintance people they had they ran off. I never tell people to move in. 10 years ago it was a great place to live and a gated communitee now all the fences are unlocked or tore down, none of the gates are ever locked. And look at the outside they let anyone move and tear up the place. Lots of trash living here now. Time to move.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 19,078 times
what a mess... nothing is ever fixed...check out the gate, oh yeah what gate. you mean the one that has been broken torn down.. my the secure mailboxes.... and the gate that don't lock at night.. with every hoodlum walking through breaking into cars....... screens torn off window... drain pipe.. sticking straight up and when it rains it looks like old faithful... can I go on?? yes I could... standing molded water in the what they call ponds ,, lawns that are not mowed... draining at parking.. there isn't any.. when it rains the water stands and you must wade through it to get to your car.. okay....
and no maintaince in the townhomes either.. leaking faucets roofs and what ever else might leak... dishwashers fridge range .. who cars if they slightly work...you have frozen milk.. leave it out it will thaw before breakfast......

Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,916 times
Personally I don't believe it's worth paying 1024$ in rent. I complained about the carpet smelling like pee and they told us they didn't recall any animals living there but we could replace the carpet ourselves. Opened the shower door the other day and there were ants everywhere. The same thing is going on with the knob in our bathroom. The basement smells like the carpets been wet or something. Noticed our front door was out of the frame when we moved in and they "fixed" it. No, it still has a crack in between. The management is rude. Spoke to them about breaking the lease and Teri said to me with an attitude it would be $5, 000 to break it. There a joke!!! Don't do business with them 

Old 03-18-2019, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,512 times
I have had MANY problems already and just moved in a week ago. When I did the walkthru I noticed stains all over the carpet and a pretty bad smell that Susan who was doing the walkthru told me that was just because the carpets had just been cleaned and once everything was moved in and the doors and fresh air made its way inside the smell would go away. Didn't happen and actually once the carpet dried the smell of pee and poop was very noticeable and when I got on the ground to look I was able to pull a handful of poop up off of the carpet that was stuck and when Susan came back to see it I asked her if she would want to live in a place like this and she said "well no, I wouldn't but you chose to live here" WOW. I was assured it was not pee or poop and that the smell was because they were just cleaned. Anna has been the only one to help and she has a very difficult time when Teri the manager does not care at all and doesn't want to fix anything. Not once did the manager come over to look at the place yet, she kept saying there was nothing she was going to do about it until I reminded them that this is reasons to break my lease and told them I would be calling the better business bureau and finally they agreed that if I moved all my furniture downstairs they would replace the carpet upstairs while the main floor is still stained they won't do anything about that. I paid movers to get my things moved in and bed and furniture set up upstairs which was a complete waste because I then had to move everything downstairs for them to replace carpet and when they are done move everything back upstairs while I am 100 lbs. I thought they would have offered to move it or since they said they would be liable unless they were paid $50 an hr to move it they could have paid someone else to do it since they were supposed to have this place move in ready and clean when I signed the lease. The manager has the worst customer service, although she hasn't came over to talk with me about any of the issues I have been in the office when she talks to other tenants or even her assistant and agent and it is absolutely disgusting and rude. The bathtub upstairs was completely dirty. The dishwasher I went to use it and there were straws and forks all in the bottom of it that hadn't been cleaned out and when I went to use it the soap part wouldn't even latch for it to be used. I went to pull the chain for the fan in my bedroom and it just fell off. The drawers in the kitchen are all broken and fall out. The toilet in the main floor has not been flushing (all of these things I put on the work orders a week ago and have not been touched) Anna said that the toilet would be an emergency work order, someone came over to fix it and left without saying anything whether it was fixed or if he was going to get more supplies so I called the office to ask and he said it was fixed because it is flushing. I told them that it looks like it flushes with just water but once you put toilet paper it doesn't go down. Teri in the background went to make a comment about how it isn't going to be perfect or something to the effect of that kind of being the best they could do not knowing I could hear so I told them I know what a working toilet looks like and does they don't have some kind of special space toilet here that works differently than others and they got off the phone with me saying that they would get it fixed. that was 5 days ago. there are many more issues that I can't even remember off the top of my head but it is way too many to count. To have to fight about things getting done especially a **** and **** carpet is just crazy to me when I just moved in you would think they would want to give me a great experience so that I would be happy to live here but, all I am worried about is if they are acting like this the first week with issues that should have been done before ANYONE moved in and once noticed should have been completely apologetic and nothing but helpful since these are issues from the last tenants, how are the next 12 months going to be if I have an issue? We have asked for the owners information to go above Teris head and was given nothing but a customer service email that no-one has gotten back to me on and trying to find the owners info is like trying to find a needle in a haystack because they have no phone number, no website, and I am sure it is not given out so that the manager doesn't have anyone to answer to or doesn't have to do her job. I have asked for nothing out of the ordinary and have not even asked for them to go above and beyond all I have asked is for clean carpet and they have treated me with the utmost disrespect when I am paying them a lot of money to be here. I have never seen anything like this and hope it changes very quickly. I am not sure if people just let them do this so they have gotten used to it but, I will not be treated this way so complaints will be made.

-Very upset tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
View detailed profiles of: