Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 06:08 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times

Advertisements

...Big-time.
Just thought I should post here, not sure who mods it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
If you see a Spam post, use the Report Post feature and the system will automatically notify the Mod that is responsible for that forum.

Also, if you look in the FAQ area, there is a list of Mod's and their assigned area's.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:27 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,533,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
...Big-time.
Just thought I should post here, not sure who mods it.

Thanks Bluewillowplate for bringing this to our attention!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
If you see a fire, you wouldn't hesitate to pull the nearest fire alarm.

If you see a spam post, you shouldn't hesitate to click the button on that post and tell a moderator.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,589,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
If you see a spam post, you shouldn't hesitate to click the button on that post and tell a moderator.
I do that - including several times yesterday. Sometimes I'll see the same screen name spamming several threads and I'll report just one of them but say in the report that there are more. Or, yesterday at an old dancing with the stars thread at TV, there were two spam posts in a row by the same screen name and I just reported one of them with no mention of the other.

My question - is that what you expect or should we report all the spam posts? Currently, I don't report them all because it seems like mashing an elevator button over and over - kwim?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:17 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I don't report them all because it seems like mashing an elevator button over and over - kwim?
That was why I decided to post about it here.
There had been 15 or 16 spam posts, more and more each minute.
I've used the little alarm button before and will again--Elkhunter says it automatically notifies the mod for that forum, so now we know that just reporting one post should do the job.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I do that - including several times yesterday. Sometimes I'll see the same screen name spamming several threads and I'll report just one of them but say in the report that there are more. Or, yesterday at an old dancing with the stars thread at TV, there were two spam posts in a row by the same screen name and I just reported one of them with no mention of the other.

My question - is that what you expect or should we report all the spam posts? Currently, I don't report them all because it seems like mashing an elevator button over and over - kwim?
If the same member has made multiple spam posts in the same forum, one report should suffice. The moderator who reads the report is likely to look at the member's posting history, but occasionally we forget... so it would help to mention in your one report that you noticed this same member has made other spam posts that you didn't report.

If the same member made multiple spam posts in multiple forums, you'll get the quickest action if you report one of the spammer's posts in each affected forum, since a different subset of moderators will get notified with each report. You just never know which mod will be online at the time you submit your report.

Last edited by Bo; 10-19-2010 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: fixed typo in one word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum