Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM

437 posts, read 930,739 times

Advertisements

well i cant post a new thread in the FAQ forum wich is totally dumb but ok. i have a Q. just curious. who originally Founded or who were the Co-Founders of this site? i mean there hade to be people that founded it not a company taking the credit. who thought this site up? if you can please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,881,266 times
I don't know who the "Founders" are... but I Found it by accident..

Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,542,409 times
Look here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...-operates.html

or here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/8...ow-did-cd.html

I'm like Mike, I found 'er by accident too! And I'm glad I did!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,149,252 times
Come on Mike.. you know it was you!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,749,517 times
I don't know who did it either but I like the way they play!
There are so many horrible forums out there that promote hate and I love the way it is handled and won't be tolerated here.

Mike are you sure????????????

Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 AM

947 posts, read 2,400,196 times
I do not know either but it was a great idea!

I love this site!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I'm like Mike, I found 'er by accident too! And I'm glad I did!
Actually I was invited here by MotorMaker, so blame him for it.. - Seriously, I've come across City Data by accident a couple of times in the past, but like I mentioned MotorMaker told me about the Forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
Come on Mike.. you know it was you!!!
Allright, I'll admit it, but I was drunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I don't know who did it either but I like the way they play!
There are so many horrible forums out there that promote hate and I love the way it is handled and won't be tolerated here.

Mike are you sure????????????
CW, I was on a couple of other forums before I joined City Data aournd late May of 2007... wow, has it been almost two years now? The forums were boring, some people were just too serious, and they tried their hardest to tear you down because of where you stood on particular matters, like Christian beliefs, the Second Amendment, and abortion. I remember one local forum, and I know Livewire remembers that also, the forums on AZCentral.com were shut down in 2005 because of the hateful rants and threats by a handful of individuals. In fact, there was one instance, where 2 of those individuals wanted to meet somewhere and settle their differences, maybe with a modern version of the "Okay Corral", and they agreed to meet at a set date and time. On that date, one of them didn't show up, but the fights, the insults, and name-calling continued. I remember the guy that did go to the designated place called the one that didn't show up, the "P" name, to let him know that he didn't have the guts to fight it out. I guess shortly after that, AZCentral.com decided to shut down the forums to avoid being held liable in case someone, like those two clowns ended up getting injured, or worse, at least that's what I recall hearing.

That's why I like City Data, although I rarely go to the "Politics" forums anymore, but when I used to, I debated matters in a very civil way, without the name-calling, threats, and everything else, and like CrazyWorld mentioned, it's rare to find forums like that anymore.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:53 PM

437 posts, read 930,739 times
Magnum Mike you are hilarious! ... there are prolly a few forums like that tho

Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,749,517 times
Mike I actually had a poster here who is No Longer a member because this person was harassing myself and anyone who had anything to do with me.
This person was even prank calling my house and went on to another forum was using my real name, screen name was saying some really horrible things about my profession my family and anthing else they could make up to the point I had to get a lawyer to get this person to stop.
I hear she still tries but nobody listens.

I am very grateful to all the people here who have helped me out and to those who do not tolerate that behavior here.
I'm a lifer.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM

4,544 posts, read 12,414,343 times
City Data was the sole creation and brain child of a single individual. His name is

Admin I. Strator

And while he still frequently looks in on his baby to see how it is doing, the other forum members don't have much use for him as his reputation is squat... zero, zip, nada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum