Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times

Advertisements

And of a child who was not. There is nothing "false" or "deceptive" about any part of her life or our life.

My son has a REAL SISTER. She lives in her house. She is OUR DAUGHTER WHO WAS BORN OF A BIRTH WOMAN who is NOT HER MOTHER.

My HUSBAND has two children. One was born inside of me and the other was born inside of a young woman in Korea who was a college student and a part time clerk.

Next year my family will increase yet again.

My children's birth certificates are real. They contain the names of their parents.

Their REAL PARENTS.

We know that some of you think other things. I think you are misinformed.

I want to hear from others who are REAL PARENTS of adopted children or otherwise support the validity of families such as mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,310 times
I certainly feel like the real parent of my kids. Their biological parents had the chance but didn't step up to the plate. I truly feel that we've given them a better life and hopefully they turn out to be happy and well adjusted adults. In both of my kids' cases, it was a situation of severe abuse and neglect and I'm so happy to be their parent. Their biological parents probably would have caused great physical and psychological harm and thankfully we could get them out of their bad situation.

Should their biological parent's name be on all their legal documents? That is a matter of great personal opinion and of much debate on these boards. In our case, "hell no." I'm their parent. I'm not going to whip out their Russian birth certificates on a matter of principle. They are US citizens and I will proudly show any authorites their (insert state here) birth certificate!! In fact, I usually don't think of them adopted at all. They are just...................my kids.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linmora View Post
I certainly feel like the real parent of my kids. Their biological parents had the chance but didn't step up to the plate. I truly feel that we've given them a better life and hopefully they turn out to be happy and well adjusted adults. In both of my kids' cases, it was a situation of severe abuse and neglect and I'm so happy to be their parent. Their biological parents probably would have caused great physical and psychological harm and thankfully we could get them out of their bad situation.

Should their biological parent's name be on all their legal documents? That is a matter of great personal opinion and of much debate on these boards. In our case, "hell no." I'm their parent. I'm not going to whip out their Russian birth certificates on a matter of principle. They are US citizens and I will proudly show any authorites their (insert state here) birth certificate!! In fact, I usually don't think of them adopted at all. They are just...................my kids.

You should feel like their mother because you are their mother! My teenaged daughter adopted from Korea would like nothing less then to have the names of two strangers on her birth certificate.At her age, she has, as of late, used the Birth Certificate certificate quite a bit - to get working papers, and a driver's license. She does not want to answer nosy questions or carry around the names of strangers.

I understand her fully.

"Hell no" would be my feelings too. I wouldn't want it and I am glad it isn't done.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
And of a child who was not. There is nothing "false" or "deceptive" about any part of her life or our life.

My son has a REAL SISTER. She lives in her house. She is OUR DAUGHTER WHO WAS BORN OF A BIRTH WOMAN who is NOT HER MOTHER.

My HUSBAND has two children. One was born inside of me and the other was born inside of a young woman in Korea who was a college student and a part time clerk.

Next year my family will increase yet again.

My children's birth certificates are real. They contain the names of their parents.

Their REAL PARENTS.

We know that some of you think other things. I think you are misinformed.

I want to hear from others who are REAL PARENTS of adopted children or otherwise support the validity of families such as mine.
My HUSBAND has two children.

Actually, he has 3 children doesn't he - he states quite clearly on a recent post on another thread on this adoption forum that he has another son - admittedly one who doesn't want anything to do with him - does that make him now a "birth man"?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
My HUSBAND has two children.

Actually, he has 3 children doesn't he - he states quite clearly on a recent post on another thread on this adoption forum that he has another son - admittedly one who doesn't want anything to do with him - does that make him now a "birth man"?
No he does not have three children. The individual to whom you refer was my husband and his first wife's son. My husband's ex-wife the birth person.

He did not accept his father's marriage to me, and did not want a relationship with either of us.

He did not want us to have a child and shunned us when we gave birth to our son. At the time. He lived with his mother.

When he found out that we were adopting a girl from Korea he said "she's not FLESH AND BLOOD! I don't want a BOGUS ORIENTAL SISTER." He is a bigot.

His mother was a very ethnic, flesh and blood oriented person. So that must be where he gets that.
Warren is not at all that way. I say "was" because we have not heard from her for ten years when my husbands financial obligations legally ended.

My husband still paid the tuition for this young man at a private four year college, until he dropped out.
The man is now 28 and married living in Washington State. We do not know if he has children and we do not care. He is close to his mother's side of the family.

He has blocked his father and our children on facebook and has returned all cards to sender.
Since dropping or flunking out of school, we have not heard from him, except when he wrote an e-mail at 22 asking my husband to buy him a car. My husband said no, not that car, but he would buy him a serviceable used car if he needed transportation. He didn't want this.

He sent an e-mail back that was vulgar and threatening. He said he wanted to "legally divorce my husband" so that he could collect alimony. We hope that this man leaves us alone. Following the threats, we obtained an Order of Protection, which has since expired. We do not expect to ever see him again. My husband has no curiosity about grandchildren.

My husband has two children, not three. I was correct the first time.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
No he does not have three children. The individual to whom you refer was my husband and his first wife's son. My husband's ex-wife the birth person.

He did not accept his father's marriage to me, and did not want a relationship with either of us.

He did not want us to have a child and shunned us when we gave birth to our son. At the time. He lived with his mother.

When he found out that we were adopting a girl from Korea he said "she's not FLESH AND BLOOD! I don't want a BOGUS ORIENTAL SISTER." He is a bigot.

His mother was a very ethnic, flesh and blood oriented person. So that must be where he gets that.
Warren is not at all that way. I say "was" because we have not heard from her for ten years when my husbands financial obligations legally ended.

My husband still paid the tuition for this young man at a private four year college, until he dropped out.
The man is now 28 and married living in Washington State. We do not know if he has children and we do not care. He is close to his mother's side of the family.

He has blocked his father and our children on facebook and has returned all cards to sender.
Since dropping or flunking out of school, we have not heard from him, except when he wrote an e-mail at 22 asking my husband to buy him a car. My husband said no, not that car, but he would buy him a serviceable used car if he needed transportation. He didn't want this.

He sent an e-mail back that was vulgar and threatening. He said he wanted to "legally divorce my husband" so that he could collect alimony. We hope that this man leaves us alone. Following the threats, we obtained an Order of Protection, which has since expired. We do not expect to ever see him again. My husband has no curiosity about grandchildren.

My husband has two children, not three. I was correct the first time.
He certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant young man. He is still your husband's son though, thus he does have 3 children.

I have a nutter of an aunt (adad's sister), she has said and done some dreadful things - she is still my aunt.
I haven't spoken to my older abrother for more than 3 years - he is still my brother.

Note that I am not even talking about biology here - they are still my family whether they have "done right" by me or not.

As for aunts and uncles - I now have 6 aunts and 7 uncles + their spouses - some adoptive, some biological and there are no doubt others I don't know about. I never met one of my adoptive aunts as she died in 1969, I still consider her my aunt.

Perhaps I am just one of those people with an inclusive nature rather than an exclusive nature. You and I are obviously just different personalities.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
or otherwise support the validity of families such as mine.
I just wanted to answer this and say that there isn't a SINGLE person on here (apart from Oleg(hey, good thing you hate that name anyway lol)) who would say that your family isn't valid.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 AM

328 posts, read 682,316 times
It surprises me that you even ask this question. Are you so weak that you are uncertain of the answer. I would look inward to a character fault that this even comes up, and more so, that you have a need to get some kind of agreement from OTHERS that you personally need for direction.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybb View Post
It surprises me that you even ask this question. Are you so weak that you are uncertain of the answer. I would look inward to a character fault that this even comes up, and more so, that you have a need to get some kind of agreement from OTHERS that you personally need for direction.
I don't know who this is directed to or with reference to what.

If it was to me, I don't understand what you are getting at.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:40 AM

My husband does not have three children. His former son does not want him or us, and he does not want him.

I won't go into it more than this but he is really not a nice person and we do not want him in our lives.

I guess that my husband is his male birth person.

I tend to be an inclusive person to, but I stop at sociopaths, psychopaths and at any one related or not who would cause my family farm, be it physical or emotional - or who would seek to (unsuccessfully) extort money from us.

Yeah, that bad.

I was not the gatekeeper here, Warren was as this man was once his son. I was only a Step Parent. I wanted to have a good relationship because I has a "wicked step mother" - still do - who is constitutionally unable to love anyone who is not a "flesh and blood relative".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption