Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 09:05 AM

5,457 posts, read 8,173,150 times

Advertisements

Madeleine, the wife of my best friend likes giraffes, so I said this to ChatGPT: “Madeleine's favorite animal is a giraffe. Write a fairy tale about Madeleine and a giraffe.”

It took about a total of 15 seconds to compose this, amazing:

Once upon a time, there was a young girl named Madeleine who loved nothing more than spending her days surrounded by animals. Her favorite creature in all the world was the magnificent giraffe. She dreamed of one day being able to ride atop one of these majestic beasts, soaring above the trees and feeling the wind in her hair.

One day, as she wandered through the forest near her home, she stumbled upon a clearing she had never seen before. In the center of the clearing stood a towering giraffe, its long neck reaching up to the treetops. Madeleine gasped in wonder and approached the animal slowly, her heart racing with excitement.

To her surprise, the giraffe didn't shy away from her. Instead, it seemed to lean down towards her, as if inviting her to climb atop its back. Madeleine couldn't believe her luck, and without a moment's hesitation, she clambered up onto the giraffe's neck.

As the giraffe began to move, Madeleine felt as though she was flying. The wind rushed past her, and she laughed out loud in sheer joy. They soared over the treetops and across the meadows, with Madeleine feeling freer than she ever had before.

After a time, the giraffe began to slow, and Madeleine realized that they were approaching a small village. She felt a sudden pang of sadness, realizing that their magical journey was coming to an end. But as they landed softly on the ground, she looked down and saw that the villagers were staring up at her in amazement.

Word quickly spread about Madeleine and her giraffe, and people came from all over the land to see them. Madeleine felt like a princess, riding through the countryside on her beloved giraffe, and she knew that she would cherish this memory forever.

In the end, Madeleine returned the giraffe to its clearing in the forest, feeling grateful for the magical experience they had shared. Though she knew she would never forget her ride atop the giraffe's neck, she also knew that she could never truly own such a wild and beautiful creature. And so, she visited the giraffe often, always remembering the wonder and joy that it had brought to her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 12:37 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times
I think some people are confusing ChatGPT's so-called intelligence the same way some people back in the day did with this guy:

Old 05-11-2023, 12:13 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,125,817 times
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence chatbot developed by OpenAI and released in November 2022.

It can write and debug computer programs, mimic the style of celebrity CEOs and write business pitches, compose music, teleplays, fairy tales and student essays, answer test questions (sometimes, depending on the test, at a level above the average human test-taker, write poetry and song lyrics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChatGPT

Old 05-11-2023, 12:31 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Why does sanspeur act like a bot account?!?

Old 05-12-2023, 12:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,475,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1ark39 View Post
Be careful with that. It talks like a expert but its not really. I did some experiments in its knowledge, calculations, logic and deductive reasoning. I used a tv show called Earth final conflict and tried to have it deduct what year in the future the show was. On several occasions it stated as fact things that never happened, confused information and or directly contradicted established events that we had just spoken about. It will also take your stated information as fact in its calculations even if there is a conflict with clear known facts. I was using chat gbt 4 for the test with a paid subscription. It also doesn't think steps ahead even when directed to consider stated facts in the calculations. it was very strange for a entity that shouldn't have memory issues to not remember things. I many times had to point at a bit of information or what happened in the show which it did know about for it to then consider it.

I will say that it was a very cerebral and enjoyable conversation that would have likely frustrated and or bored others except the most die hards that can talk about their interests for hours.
Yes, it's still learning. I asked about a specific song structure, like how many choruses this song had. It stated 2 but I knew there were 3. When confronted it became apologetic and said I was correct, but it went on to dig deeper into the song and brought up things I hadn't considered. What's really amazing is how fast it responds.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:44 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,205,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Yes, it's still learning. I asked about a specific song structure, like how many choruses this song had. It stated 2 but I knew there were 3. When confronted it became apologetic and said I was correct, but it went on to dig deeper into the song and brought up things I hadn't considered. What's really amazing is how fast it responds.
I think what's most amazing is that it can take correction and adjust course.

Old 05-15-2023, 06:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
I haven't tried ChatGPT, but I have tried one just like it. It was VERY informative. I liked it very much.

I saw on the news the other day, that criminals are using ChatGPT to pretend to be someone's relative by impersonating someone's voice, then asking for emergency money. Apparently the criminals call the victims and let ChatGPT talk to the victim and ask for money all the while using the exact same voice as their relative. Don't know exactly how they would do this, but I imagine they upload the person's voice so the ChatGPT can 'hear' it and then ChatGPT copies it.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Why does sanspeur act like a bot account?!?
How so?

Old 05-15-2023, 10:34 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How so?
Just a guess; you might have copy-pasted your post #13 which was very similar to how the bots post.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Just a guess; you might have copy-pasted your post #13 which was very similar to how the bots post.
That was just a snippit from the Wiki article I posted...I didn't write it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI