Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 05:43 AM

450 posts, read 254,384 times

Advertisements

All this media fascination with AI (enough apparently to create an AI thread on C-D's Great Debates) makes me yearn for a bumper sticker or tee saying, "AI is the A[nti]C[hrist]."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2023, 05:56 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,247,213 times
AI is supposed to be what is going to take all our jobs. Pretty newsworthy subject.

AI was used to create fake videos of Trump and Elon Musk selling Trump Bucks that were supposed to magically increase in value when deposited. A lot of fools got separated from their money and burned, and didn’t know it until they went to the bank.

So yeah, AI is an important subject for media to address.

Old 07-08-2023, 06:18 AM

19,833 posts, read 9,398,479 times
Maybe because it is a major subject in Karl Schwab's Great Reset?

The following movie addresses this, but if you don't want to watch the entire thing, just go the the 21:00 minute mark and listen for just two minutes to the speaker -- that is what concerns many people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...sBKlOV7qNe86rg

P.S. The movie itself is not perfect, but I think it is worth watching. It is also discussed on this thread. https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ing-movie.html

Old 07-08-2023, 06:22 AM

5,958 posts, read 2,772,914 times
We're just a couple years out from AI replacing a lot of white collar jobs.

Humans will be left to do manual labor jobs, while AI does medical, legal, financial jobs. Basically the complete opposite of what we should be striving for! LOL

Old 07-08-2023, 06:22 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,220,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothwynman View Post
Why all the media fascination with AI?
Because it's a big ****ing deal. I would be more concerned if they weren't talking about it.

Old 07-08-2023, 06:48 AM

19,833 posts, read 9,398,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
We're just a couple years out from AI replacing a lot of white collar jobs.

Humans will be left to do manual labor jobs, while AI does medical, legal, financial jobs. Basically the complete opposite of what we should be striving for! LOL
I am not so sure of that. I have asked this before -- basically, "What will happen to all the workers if AI takes over?" -- but I was thinking of low-wage workers in which robotics would take over many of their jobs. I think there will still be a need for supervisors and IT/computer people and some tech/maintenance workers a to keep things running smoothly, and some actual people to rebuild cities to implement the "you will own nothing" concept , but what about all the many people who will be replaced by AI and robotics -- and there might be millions of them.

Yes, I know that natural global depopulation has been discussed but I don't think that will be accomplished for at least 50 years unless something drastic happens.

And if all the above sounds too far-fetched, consider that "The Line" is now in the process of actually being built now in Saudi Arabia, although it still faces many hurdles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia and https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/theline.

Last edited by katharsis; 07-08-2023 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-08-2023, 07:57 AM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
We should all be concerned about AI because at first it will be a marvel and then a scourge and possibly the end of us.

I watched a terrific but alarming video on AI recently on youtube. It was a segment of a channel called the WF or the Why Files. This is the title. "Artificial Intelligence out of control: The Apocalypse is here, how AI and ChatGPT end humanity".

It is Scary stuff that we should all be cautious about.

Old 07-08-2023, 08:00 AM

27,679 posts, read 16,166,190 times
Can it replace journalists? Ugh, probably not. Too bad.

Old 07-08-2023, 08:06 AM

25,855 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Just watch the old Terminator series of movies. It's no longer all that farfetched.

I recently read a novel by Dean Koontz wherein there was a device that allowed the holder to "switch" between dimensions and alternate histories/realities of the earth. In one alternate reality, humanity had been completely wiped out by AI and the world consisted of high tech robots that hunted for any remaining humans and killed them. It was quite chilling because I don't see that technology and AI being all that farfetched the way things are going. There are brilliant scientists out there who have zero common sense and develop technologies that are better left alone simply because they can.

Old 07-08-2023, 08:16 AM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Can it replace journalists? Ugh, probably not. Too bad.
Considering the state of modern journalism, it would be an improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI