Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2023, 11:44 PM

157 posts, read 104,967 times

Advertisements

You ever notice how big software companies who do personal finance software basically have never discussed A.I. regression models or predictive analytics and optimal planning in personal finance? Is it really so bad if it becomes harder to be poor?

Click a button, and a A.I. model produces optimal chronological strategy using only bank and debt CSV imports.. Income and spending averages with all long-term debt factored in a simple, most optimal, long term plan..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 11:33 AM

4,503 posts, read 2,651,635 times
Because the whole idea is silly.

Here is what you need to know, straight from Wilkins Micawber:

“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six , result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.”

Old 11-05-2023, 03:27 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
I doubt there is anything called optimal debt planning. Debt is THE problem. You either got the money for the bills or you don't. AI is of zero help.

Old 11-09-2023, 09:44 AM

12,832 posts, read 9,029,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
I doubt there is anything called optimal debt planning. Debt is THE problem. You either got the money for the bills or you don't. AI is of zero help.
I think it's a case of those who can take advantage of debt planning have enough money that debt is itself a money-making tool and not just a result of bills.

Old 11-24-2023, 12:00 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Highly unlikely that A.I. will resolve poverty, since poverty is caused by money, not cured by it.
If money cured poverty, go all in. Credit everybody with 22 billion billion quatloos, so everyone is equally wealthy and no one "needs" money ever again.
However, if no one needs money, who will bother to work, farm, mine, transport, make and sell goods and services ?
Even the starving children are fabulously wealthy.
. . .
And let's not forget who has the "power" to create new money tokens. It's not Congress. Congress has the power to "coin money" (stamp bullion) or borrow money. If Congress had the power to create money (bullion) why would it need the power to borrow it?
. . .
Which also begs the question - if a government can just "print up money" why would it need to tax its subjects ? Why not just spend the money as it is created?
SHHHH- don't ask that out loud !
. . .
In reality, prosperity is based on prodigious production of surplus usable goods and services, equitably traded and enjoyed.

But money mad people fixate on the abstraction (money) and not the reality (goods and services). You don't see folks hoping to find new ways to make more or do more?
They're wishing to hit the lotto or marry a rich spouse.

Old 12-02-2023, 03:06 PM

Optimal debt planning....you mean spending less than you make and putting a little aside? Don't you need a Master's degree in Finances to do that?

Old 12-02-2023, 04:06 PM

157 posts, read 104,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
Optimal debt planning....you mean spending less than you make and putting a little aside? Don't you need a Master's degree in Finances to do that?
Interest and fees contradict your post... Five years can add 50k to a lot of things...

It's all about plotting a timeline of payments and payoffs where you pay the least or pay off sooner. It would use averages from imported CSV data.

This doesn't really take a neural network, though...

Old 01-20-2024, 03:14 PM

I don't think people need AI to tell them to spend less than they make and put some extra money aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI