Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM

56 posts, read 226,666 times

Advertisements

relocationg out of state possibly to Ohio............. anyone have any info about Hudson or a nice quiet family town with good schools & SAFE environment for children? Any suggestions on other towns?
Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,276,419 times
Hudson is a quiet town, has good schools, and is very safe. It's also expensive. I can't tell you much more because I don't have much first-hand experience.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 PM

59 posts, read 201,693 times
Default Hudson, OH

I love Hudson's location, clean living, and upscale design.
Hudson is more expensive, but so is Fairlawn, Copley, Solon, and other parts of Ohio that are nice and well maintained.

It's got good schools, and conservative flavor.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Ditto what's been stated by other posters.

Hudson is quite nice with good schools though quite expensive & a city that has actually seen home prices increase. It's a desirable area.

Chargrin Falls, Pepper Pike, & Chardon are also nice.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 AM

20 posts, read 61,656 times
Try Concord Township

Old 05-22-2008, 11:21 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,922,658 times
Yes, Hudson is a very nice place to live to put it simply.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 AM

56 posts, read 226,666 times
Default Thank You!!

I REALLY appriciate everyones input. Its difficult when you don't even know where to begin looking! we never thought of Ohio as a possibility until now....... so pressures ON. Kids get out of school in 13 days & then we can ESCAPE CA. & NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!!!
Again....... thanks for the input & other town names to check out!!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:58 PM

136 posts, read 166,913 times
I was just in Hudson tonight for a little Coldstone ice cream

I love Hudson...great location between Cleveland and Akron, decent amount of stores and restaurants, great looking houses and buildings (not to mention some of the cars residents have), and good schools.

Hudson homes/property taxes may be a little higher priced than surrounding communities but I would say you almost get what you pay for.

However, if you don't have any specific reason for Hudson, you should check out some of the other locations listed that way you can pick what you feel is best for you and your family. There are plenty of other areas with nice homes and schools.

Any specifics on where you or your spouse will be working? What sorta things the kids are interested in? That may help direct other suburbs/neighborhoods to check out.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:43 AM

11 posts, read 60,027 times
Default Hudson

Stick with Hudson, it has a quaint little downtown area with little shops, a yours truly restaurant, and beautiful area of homes. I heard the schools are good, and area is safe, I think you will enjoy it there, but it is pricey. If you lived in California, then this is no where close to the prices you have seen.
Good luck!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:17 AM

22 posts, read 69,072 times
Hudson *is* lovely. However--the people tend to be (and I know I am generalizing here) sort of WASP-y and stepfordish, with a hint of New England pretensions. You know, they dress in LL Bean, drive Volvos and the women wear their hair in bobs. They play tennis and meet at the club for lunch. They have a ton of rules about what houses, stores etc must look like and change is a Bad Thing. Like living in a large, New England-themed gated community LOL It's not artificial like Irvine--it is much prettier--but sort of that same mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton