Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times

Advertisements

^Thanks i was going to say the same thing! I went to both Kent and YSU and they are very comparable. In fact, i thought YSU's business school was harder, but what do i know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,416,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I'm a KSU grad, but I've heard that YSU has notable engineering and music programs.
Sorry, I must be wrong. It's just that you never hear anything about YSU. Has anyone been to their campus?? What's it like? Comparable to any of the other Ohio uni's?

Old 05-07-2009, 03:14 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
You probably dont' hear much about YSU because it's mostly a commuter school. I attended school there from 1997-2001. The campus is beautiful and is one of the safest in Ohio. Currently they have between 12,000 and 13,000 students and it's one of the largest employers in Youngstown. I suggest you do your research or check it out for yourself before you go making assumptions based on what you think of the City of Youngstown........

Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,416,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
You probably dont' hear much about YSU because it's mostly a commuter school. I attended school there from 1997-2001. The campus is beautiful and is one of the safest in Ohio. Currently they have between 12,000 and 13,000 students and it's one of the largest employers in Youngstown. I suggest you do your research or check it out for yourself before you go making assumptions based on what you think of the City of Youngstown........
I didn't assume anything about the city of Youngstown. A college and it's city are two very different things. Take Kettering University for example.

I'm sure YSU is a fine school with strong departments. I wrongfully assumed that YSU didn't have very much going on. I said nothin' about the city itself.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:35 PM

42 posts, read 64,785 times
Kent State all the way. Small but neat hippy vibe is that's you're into combined with every other subculture academia tends to bring out, with the general overtone being working class middle america. Safe as hell. Great bars. Cheap cost of living. Low crime.

UC sucks in every way. I won't comment on academics, as with both universities it depends on the school within the university. Alas, you must live in the area-and Cincinnati sucks, with UC being right in the middle of it. UC is literally in the ghetto. Walking home from a bar in any direction is unsafe. I know of a half dozen students(this is literal-6 different people)who got mugged walking home from a bar headed back to the dorms. While it is true that there are poor areas in every major city, UC is smack dab in the middle of the grind. Not necessary OTR bad, but bad nonetheless. The general ambiance of the city is sports, factories, and rednecks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton