Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 PM

13 posts, read 37,793 times

Advertisements

DON'T DO IT- Akron is a GHETTO and is a HIGH crime area with thugs and gangstas- do not mive there unless you want to be shot at by 13 yrs old kids with guns.

I lived there for 5 yrs and it is horrible ! Drive by's - innocent people being shot- it's a little cleveland and cleveland is a PIT- ask anyone.

DO NOT MOVE THERE- Stow, Kent- Hudson are the ONLY nice place left.

Highland square and canton are also high crime ares- a woman just got raped there last week,

Independence-strongsville-aurora- nice- anywhere else- don't even think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 AM

11 posts, read 42,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycakes View Post
DON'T DO IT- Akron is a GHETTO and is a HIGH crime area with thugs and gangstas- do not mive there unless you want to be shot at by 13 yrs old kids with guns.

I lived there for 5 yrs and it is horrible ! Drive by's - innocent people being shot- it's a little cleveland and cleveland is a PIT- ask anyone.

Highland square and canton are also high crime ares- a woman just got raped there last week,

Independence-strongsville-aurora- nice- anywhere else- don't even think about it.

Wow, I'm hoping this is a joke. I've lived in Atlanta for 25 years, so I'm familiar with a city that has crime and I know how to stay out of the bad areas...

Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoakron View Post
Wow, I'm hoping this is a joke. I've lived in Atlanta for 25 years, so I'm familiar with a city that has crime and I know how to stay out of the bad areas...
The level of inaccuracy and mental retardation of the prior post is through the roof.

I don't think they were actually reading the threads but crime in Atlanta trumps both Akron and Cleveland by a healthy margin.

And I can assure you that nowhere that has been suggested to you has any occurrences of drive-by shootings.

For some reason there are occasional morons who apparently do not travel or read and seem to think that crime only happens in cities in Ohio and that the cities here are as bad as it gets (obviously incorrect on both counts).

Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
This is why I pee myself whenever I'm in Fairlawn or Bath.

Actually I just noticed this is kind of comical as they threw in Kent. Not that it's hood, but I mean, jesus, its loaded with bars and drunk college kids. The cops pull out the riot squad and tear gas on a minimum of an annual basis if not more often... ha.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:44 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,412 times
Quote:

You are an EPIC FAIL.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 PM

22 posts, read 46,973 times
Seriously DO you think anything in Akron-Canton is even comparable to ATL??? It's not!!
Highland Square is really only about 6 blocks long! maybe 3-5 decent bars/resturants Come on! THis guy would be moving to a dump! OH & the commute!! You all forgot to tell him about the crappy pot holed roads, the constant "roadside construction cones" & dense traffic.. & there is NOTHING like the Indian community there as compared to ATL. Trust me~~ stay where you are if you want a real feel of Arkon read the on-line Akron Beacon Journal newspaper.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:55 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,069 times
I beginning to wonder if this is just the same person with tons of accounts who just dislikes Akron. There's no way that there are that many people who are just that stupid.

I know a while back there was this OU grad who lives in Akron and he would go on anything remotely UA related and bash the university. It was obvious it's the same person, and he still does it periodically. Some people just have their own issues to work out. Perhaps this is one such case?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
I beginning to wonder if this is just the same person with tons of accounts who just dislikes Akron. There's no way that there are that many people who are just that stupid.

I know a while back there was this OU grad who lives in Akron and he would go on anything remotely UA related and bash the university. It was obvious it's the same person, and he still does it periodically. Some people just have their own issues to work out. Perhaps this is one such case?

He's a nut job. !!!I went to Acme to buy cereal and the cereal shot and robbed me!!! The word Akron came out of my mouth and my mouth shot and robbed me!!!!%$!

It's funny the people who turn up in Internet message boards.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM

157 posts, read 284,050 times
Akron is not as bad as he's making it out to be, but it is pretty ghetto. The neighborhoods are absolute ****, and pretty dangerous...only about 3 blocks away from where they just built a 65 million dollar stadium for the Akron Zips. I lived there for years, trust me, there is nothing in Akron to look forward to.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 PM

22 posts, read 46,973 times
[SIZE=2]Actually NO~~ I'm just stating my opinion to the questions posted~~ I was born & raised in Bath/Akron & lived there till the mid 90's when I moved out ... I've been back every 2-3 yrs. to visit & see family, funerals etc... It has certainly lost any luster I recall from childhood & friends & family who still live there constantly tell of rapes, murders car jackings, home invasions etc. Even now in places that were nice while I was growing up! Rolling acres? Nice /safe? Chapel Hill? Highland square?? Even Summit Mall is run down & has gangs of wiggers roaming the half-filled mall now!! Friend who have small children & young teenagers are desperately looking to move mainly for safety reasons! So when some poor bastard who DOES NOT know the area asks a genuine question about the area, employment & safety…………. Myself and any other decent person will tell them truthfully the horrendous ass dump it really had turned into over the last decade!
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton