Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2006, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,414 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am interested in some input. My family and I are looking to relocate from LI. We are very interested in the Queensbury area but am not completely sold on it. While the area is beautiful, I just don't understand why the newer developments don't have tree-lined streets. It's all open! I found a nice development in Queensbury but there are no trees in the front of homes, only in the back (whatever they didn't clear). Why is that?

Then I was reading some posts about some nice suburbs outside of Albany. I was looking at some homes online in Voorheesville, Delmar etc...How is it there? (or near there) Is it more suburban-like than Queensbury? I hope I'm not confusing anyone LOL

Any help would be truly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 AM

9 posts, read 99,539 times
Hi, you don't have to buy in a development, there are many beautiful homes available in queensbury. you didn't say if you had kids. If you do, pick queensbury, the other areas your looking at have the city attitude attached to the people. I'm from Lake Luzerne, another great community, God's country, a much improving school system, all my kids are honor students so I can't complain about it. you would be near Lake George, so much fun!!! Saratoga is just a hop down I87, montreal is a 21/2 hour drive, nyc, a 21/2 hour drive or less. Boston, not to far. The best of it all. Even in the winter, skiing, snowmobiling(we have the best trails in NYS). I can't imagine if you must live in NY why anyone would live anywhere else. I would certainly check out more homes if I were you. Good luck.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 AM

6 posts, read 31,699 times
Default I love Albany suburban life

It really offers everything you would want -- plus you would be closer to LI if you still have family there. I would love to help you if you need more information.

Holli Boyd
(broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 11-02-2006 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: link removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area