Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:24 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I was planning on visiting ABQ to check it out for myself, I've been looking at homes online and doing Google street views of lots of places and we have been planning on taking a trip there to see things in person, get a lay of the land, so to speak.

I'm very familiar with CA, AZ, NV and got a good vibe of how the southwest is in the summer time. I was thinking of visiting ABQ in the winter to see how "cold" it is, I've gone and done some weather.com investigation so I've got the highs and lows but was interested in seeing how it is in person.

I was just wondering when is the "worst" time of the yr to visit ABQ, weather wise or any other reasons I may not be aware of. I basically want to see the warts, weather wise.. LOL, I know how nice it can be in spring and summer.

Was wondering if there are any Breaking Bad tours or landmarks that anyone could possible tell me about, or anything else that might be worthy of checking out. My primary purpose is to scope out a possible relocation in the next few yrs, but a little sightseeing would be nice too. We're planning on staying 4 or 5 days, not sure yet.

I did a couple quick searches and didn't find much, so if this is a duplicate thread, sorry in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 05:58 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Pick a cold, windy day with little sunshine... The wind has been the worst for me. But it is not predictable.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 PM

801 posts, read 2,212,778 times
Actually, if you want to see Albuquerque's weather at the worst, come in March or April during a time when winds are forecast to exceed 50 mph. You can watch bits and pieces of New Mexico and Arizona floating by at high speed. Although you can do that anywhere in or around the city, you'll see more dust on the West Mesa.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 AM

5,034 posts, read 7,417,088 times
In winter you will see Albuquerque at its brownest, which made an impression on me coming from the East. Since you can't predict the spring winds, you might be here during a lull and just find pleasant weather with trees and flowers blooming.

Here is the link to the Breaking Bad tour:

ABQ Trolley Co. - The BaD Tour

Old 11-11-2013, 10:33 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was just wondering when is the "worst" time of the yr to visit ABQ, weather wise or any other reasons I may not be aware of. I basically want to see the warts, weather wise.. LOL, I know how nice it can be in spring and summer.
The Major Albuquerque Weather Threads:

Does the weather ever get old?
Poll: How Do You Feel About ABQ's Annual WEATHER?
Albuquerque Weather
Weather - Albuquerque - Sunshine Days
Cities with weather similar to Albuquerque
Windy Weather, Wind in ABQ
The first cold weather is driving critters indoors...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Was wondering if there are any Breaking Bad tours or landmarks that anyone could possible tell me about
There is a Breaking Bad thread here: Breaking Bad TV Series
also from that thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Breaking Bad Filming Locations!

A friend sent this to me, this guys blog, it's a gold mine. It's incredible:

Marc Valdez Weblog: "Breaking Bad" Filming Locations - Season 5b & Wish List

And lots more info...

Rich

Old 11-11-2013, 10:48 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Interesting about the winds, sounds like they are fairly predictable. I didn't realize wind was an issue in ABQ.

I find too much wind to be pretty annoying, I wonder which is worse, the cooler winter temps or the windy springs???

Being a Ca weather wimp... I'm perplexed if I should visit during the dead of winter, or wait til spring to see the winds.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times
For my money the worst months are Jan. and July. Though winters are milder than northern climates there are some sharp very cold spells ( although it always and happily seems sunny here). July can be quite hot approaching on some days near 100 but rarely above. If you really hate wind then spring might put you off, but I find it bracing. The wind blows on some days pretty fiercely. But far from every day. According to virtually every poll done, Oct. is Albuquerque's favorite month, though I do prefer Sept.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 AM

471 posts, read 977,555 times
Since I like the heat, anything that hints of winter is the worst time for me...and then we have the day after Thanksgiving!

Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Pick a cold, windy day with little sunshine... The wind has been the worst for me. But it is not predictable.
I would say, late Spring: you are right, the only bad time of the year is the windy season and it can be awful!!!! I hated it, but overall I think Albuquerque has the most desirable weather of anywhere we have lived. You can experience all 4 seasons with none of them being severe. The sunny winter days with the cool air are beautiful and the little bit of snow is gone in no time (that is most years anyway)

Old 11-14-2013, 02:53 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,384,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would say, late Spring: you are right, the only bad time of the year is the windy season and it can be awful!!!! I hated it, but overall I think Albuquerque has the most desirable weather of anywhere we have lived. You can experience all 4 seasons with none of them being severe. The sunny winter days with the cool air are beautiful and the little bit of snow is gone in no time (that is most years anyway)
And if you develop allergies to tree pollen (Juniper, Elm, Oak, Mulberry, Cottonwood, etc.), Spring is a bad season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque