Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2023, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,177 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any places that can please help me n my daughter get into a apartment. I'm looking for a two bedroom for me and my daughter. I been having hard time looking for a place because I was told every time I picked an apartment and paid the admin fee it came back to I was a felon. And it doesn't have anything to do with drug or traffic related or grand theft auto or criminal damage. I been having hard time looking for a place can someone please help me. Thank you I'm looking for a place in Albuquerque area

Last edited by Khristine89; 09-01-2023 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2023, 02:33 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristine89 View Post
Does anyone know any places that can please help me n my daughter get into a apartment. I'm looking for a two bedroom for me and my daughter. I been having hard time looking for a place because I was told every time I picked an apartment and paid the admin fee it came back to I was a felon. And it doesn't have anything to do with drug or traffic related or grand theft auto or criminal damage. I been having hard time looking for a place can someone please help me. Thank you I'm looking for a place in Albuquerque area
- Have you tried to expunge your records?
Try all forms - the one may apply to you

https://www.nmcourts.gov/self-help/forms/

How long time passed since you conviction?
Was the crime violent?
Do you have a good credit and good income? You could offer to deposit more money as a security deposit

You may have better chances renting from someone who knows someone at work - smaller landlords, not the apartment management companies.

-Try to call them before sending your application and money - if they lease to felons? Do they make an exception?

- It is better to walk into an Apartment complex during business hours dressed nicely to ask manager this question directly ?

Search for felon friendly apartments.
https://www.yellowpages.com/albuquer...dly-apartments

Try this

https://abqha.org/wp-content/uploads...lbuquerque.pdf

https://www.fairshake.net/service/do...ctories_id=351

There are “second chance” advice and a phone number to get more information how they are able to help

https://secondchanceapartments.com/cities/albuquerque/

Please, don’t part with your money in advance - some companies may be in it for your application money.

Trust your gut feeling if they feel your desperation and ask for money first.

Talk to everyone you know and ask if they know someone who could rent you a place.

You will get it ! Stay hopeful and do your legwork:
- be honest upfront,
-have a good credit
-have your latest bank statement with you
-get a letter from your employer that you are employed with such and such salary and ideally saying that you have direct deposit arrangements
-if you have parole officer - ask for his recommendation letter
-get 2-3 letters of recommendations about your character from the people who know you well - notarized for free in your bank - they have to come with you so their signature could be witnessed by bank employee

-ask your daughter’s teacher to write about how good a student your daughter is, how well groomed she is - shows that you are taking care of your child and a responsible parent, so will be a responsible tenant

It isn’t much, but some manager could be impressed with your tenacity and your organization and your paperwork and this little thing could sway them

It looks like too much, but could be done in a week. It may get you a chance to get a better housing where you prefer.

If you get rejected in person by a manager in your preferred place - ask how you could to talk to their superiors, don’t give up.

Don’t forget to look into your records expungement at the same time

Good luck to you and your kid!

Last edited by L00k4ward; 09-02-2023 at 02:55 PM..

Old 09-08-2023, 01:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,177 times
Thank you for the info . I do appreciate it. Also I just found out that t n c management also accepts felons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: