Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 08:29 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,922,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Regardless of how the white stuff affects a town and its operations, it sure is pretty when it snows in the Southwestern US. Good pics Poncho.
Thanks, we were expecting guests that day, so we started cleaning up early...

I've been in colder climates...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 07:07 PM

2,076 posts, read 1,659,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Rio Rancho, New Mexico. November 28, 2019, started 6:17 am...

IMG_7846 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

IMG_7856 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

IMG_7865 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

IMG_7862 by Ricardo, on Flickr.
Those pictures are great. I miss ABQ already. I lived in ABQ this past fall for consulting. I didn't want to leave, but most of the good engineering projects are for Sandia Labs which get really slow to process applications. By contrast, out-of-state job interviews and onboarding go much faster relatively. Hence, I moved out-of-state.

I loved those months I was in ABQ. One day I went east on Menaul up to the trailhead and hiked up the foothills overlooking ABQ. I felt at peace with nature high up in those rugged hillsides and boulders. I also hiked up La Luz before moving out-of-state just to enjoy it one last time. It was euphoric.

I don't know how you all manage to stay in NM for full-time jobs. In engineering the options are very small despite the booming economy. Denver, Phoenix, Dallas and Austin have a much larger plethora of project options. In ABQ the jobs geared for me were mostly at Sandia Labs.

I went to HS in Santa Fe long ago and loved traveling to away games through the snowy weather of basketball season: Espanola, Los Alamos, Sandia Prep, Las Vegas (NM), etc. I used to run through the snow-packed arroyos of Santa Fe to train for basketball. The smell of Ponderosa Pines, wood stoves in the adobe, and Pinons permeated the air - great flashbacks from those photos. Thanks.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:47 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,922,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I loved those months I was in ABQ. One day I went east on Menaul up to the trailhead and hiked up the foothills overlooking ABQ. I felt at peace with nature high up in those rugged hillsides and boulders. I also hiked up La Luz before moving out-of-state just to enjoy it one last time. It was euphoric.

I don't know how you all manage to stay in NM for full-time jobs.
I was retired military who had some consulting jobs at various locations. I use to come out to this area while in the military. My wife was a Federal Employee who started in the D.C. area and was offered a position in the ABQ area. We are both now retired and have been in the ABQ area 20 years.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:26 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,956,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I don't know how you all manage to stay in NM for full-time jobs.
Some of us make do with relatively small incomes.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:54 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,550,457 times
The above is right. One sacrifices their sanity to live in a city like Seattle, San Francisco or Los Angeles. There's no contest here. Living anywhere in New Mexico is far, far more satisfying overall than living in an overpriced rat race like Seattle, San Francisco or L.A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque