Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:11 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,042 times

Advertisements

Pres hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 10:25 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,065 times
Pres doesn't take Medicare, Lovelace and Davita do.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:28 AM

4,862 posts, read 4,799,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
Pres doesn't take Medicare, Lovelace and Davita do.

Presbyterian accepts Medicare. I know they have for at least 5 years.
https://presbyterian-hospital.phs.or...insurance.aspx

Old 09-15-2019, 11:36 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,754,801 times
We have been using Medicare at Presbyterian for about 5 years...

Old 09-18-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
We have been using Medicare at Presbyterian for about 5 years...
But don't you have to convert it to their plan?
Edit: I just read that link from jiminnm where they take Medicare and my United Health Care Medicare Advantage PPO. I could have sworn they told me last year I could come to Pres but would be out of network.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:12 PM

4,862 posts, read 4,799,658 times
Quote:
Edit: I just read that link from jiminnm where they take Medicare and my United Health Care Medicare Advantage PPO. I could have sworn they told me last year I could come to Pres but would be out of network.

You have a Medicare Advantage Plan, which are generally limited as to where they are accepted. We have standard Medicare with a United Health Supplemental Plan and can go to any health care provider who accepts Medicare.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I take back the 5 year Presbyterian period.

"We started using Presbyterian, 12 years ago. Kirtland Air Force Base stopped seeing military retirees and their families so we went with Presbyterian, which was much closer to us. Kirtland Air Force Base is about 30 miles from us. We initially used Presbyterian using Tri-Care with a co-pay then switched to Presbyterian Senior Care and Tricare-Care For Life when I turned 65. And that is why we don't pay anything."

Prescriptions are a desperate issue.

Medicare pays for Presbyterian Senior Care, Medicare costs me $402.00 quarterly... (Once you turn 65, then that is what Medicare costs us.)

That is what my wife told me..."

Here is the Medicare Web Site, which might help: https://www.medicare.gov/your-medica...ts-at-a-glance

Old 09-18-2019, 07:59 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,317 times
My wife and I have been at Pres for almost 10 years without being signed up for their plan. Before we turned 65, they accepted the employer-based insurance coverage I had plus secondary coverage we had from the Alaska public employer retirement system (PERS). Or more properly, both insurance plans accepted Pres charges. Since we turned 65, we have Medicare plus Alaska PERS coverage, and continue to go to Pres without being on their plan.

What you need to find out from your insurance carriers is whether they will accept Pres as being in-network for you. Shouldn't be an issue with Medicare - out-of-network really isn't an issue with them. Rather it's a question of whether a provider will accept Medicare billing rates, which Pres does.

My employer-based coverage was through United Healthcare, and they accepted Pres charges as being in-network, although each Pres provider, clinic, hospital, etc., seemed to have to be separately approved for in-network coverage. Not sure how your Medicare Advantage plan would handle this, but seems like you should talk to an insurance coverage rep with them and ask about this. It's not Pres that decides whether you are covered, but rather your insurance carrier.

Last edited by rwjoyak; 09-18-2019 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-18-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post

Prescriptions are a desperate issue.
Should have been:

Prescriptions are a separate issue.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:55 AM

I went to the main Pres hospital on Central maybe 6 months ago. I had to park in the far Eastern end of the lot and there were maybe a dozen open spots. The walk to the main entrance had to be 200+ yards. Inside the hospital you would have thought the Rolling Stones were giving a concert there. The receptionist at urology was very polite. However a few days later I was told by a 3rd party not to go out of network even if they said they would still see me. I saw Dr. Ortolano at Lovelace instead and am very pleased with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque