Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 07:38 AM

74 posts, read 74,757 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone here has had surgery in relation to their post nasal issue? Not to mention, can you provide name of the surgical procedure and if it was beneficial to you or not?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 08:34 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
I would like to know why you posted this question.
Yes I did have surgery followed by severe nasal irritation and constant sneezing. Almost two weeks later I still have PND and cannot get the mucus to stop although it has slowed down. PM me for more info.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,514 times
Default Post Nasal Drip / Lung Disease

Hi
I have been suffering with Chronic cough and the feeling of thick Mucus dripping down the back of my nose, into my throat.
Also i have developed wheezing mainly at night, but sometimes during the day.
My Doctor tells me that i have Lung Disease, she mentioned Copd, Emphysema and Athsma.
I did have a CT Scan about 2 years ago and they did find a couple of small Lymph nodes and a Calcified grauloma.
Which the report said was of no signifcance based on CT criteria.
I also had a chest xray recently which stated the lungs were clear.
I have been using Sprays and at times Salone Tablets ( some kind of Steroid Tablet ) until recently i woke up every morning feeling like my mouth and throat are full of mucus, after a bit of clearing through out the morning i normally felt ok to get through the day, maybe using one of my sprays now and then. but in the evening when i,m resting and going to bed i start to feel all mucusy again needing to use my sprays before bed. But the sprays only help me for about 3 or 4 weeks after i take a course of Salone Tablets after the Tablet effect wears off after a few weeks. the sprays are hopeless on their own. so i was taking the odd course of Salone Tablets to help me get by. But my Doctor does,nt want me to use them to often because of side effects. now my cough has got worst and my Mucus has got darker. last 4 days i have been coughing 24 / 7 with thicker and darker Mucus. I dont know if the Doctor is right with her diagnoses of Lung Disease or do i have a bad case of Chronic Post Nasal Drip ??? What do you people think ???

Old 11-08-2016, 06:37 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
@terminator50, I just posted a lot of info in the Alternative section on histimines...probably a lot of info there that can help you. Sounds like a lot of meds.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:23 PM

PS: I read your comments again and a friend deals with asthma and uses an inhaler am and pm and a med before bed, but is getting some HELP from taking grape seed extract for about 7 yrs now. She is much better on grape seed ex. I've posted a lot about this class of antioxidants called OPC'.s

Old 11-09-2016, 08:26 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Hi, I have suffered the same thing you have for years... plugged up sinuses with heavy mucous rattling around when I cough, especially when I lay down. I feel like I'm going to hack up a lung.

It has gotten worse in the last few months but I found a product that really helps with the post-nasal drip. I'm not sure where you're from or if it's available in your area but I get the Eucalyptus brand. https://www.hydrasense.ca/

I was using it twice daily, but now I only need it every couple of days (which is amazing)

Good luck!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Surgery is not necessary. Look at my OPC posts and look at the histimine food links I posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies