Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 03:49 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,870,259 times

Advertisements

I only discuss Grape SEED Extract and in my 21 yrs with it. No more drugs here. It sure can't hurt and can do good, how much I don't know. It's been my salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 04:16 PM

74 posts, read 184,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I only discuss Grape SEED Extract and in my 21 yrs with it. No more drugs here. It sure can't hurt and can do good, how much I don't know. It's been my salvation.
Is it grapefruit seed extract or grape seed extract, though? I see people use the former in their nasal rinses while grape seed extract doesn't have the same antifungal/bacterial qualities?

Links to exact products and brands you use would probably clear that up.

NutriBiotic supposedly changed their grapefruit seed extract liquid formulas, and the "real" one with citricidal (the ingredient that kills bacteria) says not for internal use (due to FDA regulations). So it's very confusing.

Which is better: liquid or capsules?

Last night, I ate a big green salad with a variety of lettuce and green vegetables I normally don't eat or even heard of with some dairy-free sesame seed dressing. I'm just gonna try to eat more greens and less processed stuff. I didn't eat dairy for quite some time and then resumed for two months (right around when my issues started). Have since stopped again for the last two weeks. Also trying to avoid too much carbs as I hear that can play into allergies.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:23 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,870,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pet1984 View Post
Is it grapefruit seed extract or grape seed extract, though? I see people use the former in their nasal rinses while grape seed extract doesn't have the same antifungal/bacterial qualities?

Links to exact products and brands you use would probably clear that up.

NutriBiotic supposedly changed their grapefruit seed extract liquid formulas, and the "real" one with citricidal (the ingredient that kills bacteria) says not for internal use (due to FDA regulations). So it's very confusing.

Which is better: liquid or capsules?

Last night, I ate a big green salad with a variety of lettuce and green vegetables I normally don't eat or even heard of with some dairy-free sesame seed dressing. I'm just gonna try to eat more greens and less processed stuff. I didn't eat dairy for quite some time and then resumed for two months (right around when my issues started). Have since stopped again for the last two weeks. Also trying to avoid too much carbs as I hear that can play into allergies.
I don't use GrapeFRUITseed stuff. I know it comes in a bottle and is a liquid and is an antifungal, anti viral.
I am not talking about this.

I've been taking GrapeSeedExtract for over 2 decades and I've talked about it since I came to C-D.

I use capsules and I buy various brands, there are 100's to choose from. I like this link as this company has a nice overview of what Grape Seed Extract does for us. I don't buy their product but I'm sure it's a good one.

Grape Seed Extract Benefits OPC Antioxidant Page

I use what is taken from Grapes. These are called OPC's as a class of antioxidants.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't use GrapeFRUITseed stuff. I know it comes in a bottle and is a liquid and is an antifungal, anti viral.
I am not talking about this.

I've been taking GrapeSeedExtract for over 2 decades and I've talked about it since I came to C-D.

I use capsules and I buy various brands, there are 100's to choose from. I like this link as this company has a nice overview of what Grape Seed Extract does for us. I don't buy their product but I'm sure it's a good one.

Grape Seed Extract Benefits OPC Antioxidant Page

I use what is taken from Grapes. These are called OPC's as a class of antioxidants.
I see. What I think I have is bad hay fever. Maybe I'll look into the grape seed extract capsules.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:45 PM

44,704 posts, read 61,887,952 times
OP when you get tested for allergies also get tested for celiac disease. Wheat & dairy can cause same symptoms.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:00 PM

The more I think about it, maybe it's an ear infection? Maybe I've been focusing on the wrong symptoms, or misplacing the pain's location. I thought it was in my jaw, but it could be the area behind my jaw.

Prior to all this, I remember touching some rusty boards one afternoon. My hands were filthy and who knows what I touched later. I'm pretty obsessive about hand washing, but that's not 100%. Anyway, my illness began soon after.

Now, I have frequent headaches, pressure in my head, on top of my jaw near the ear that my doctor said looked swollen inside the other day. I can't tell if that ear really hurts or I'm willing it to hurt. I get overheated (no fever AFAIK but I'm in Texas... it's been 90 degrees every day for all of the summer and now so who can tell) and dizzy and stagger a lot on some days. Like my balance is off. I never thought much of it and concluded it was stress and fatigue from taking care of my mom. When I swallow or gulp, I feel something off with my ear on the maxillary side.

Anyway, I think I need to just stop reading this board. I was made to feel stupid on the dental subforum when I suspected it was a dental issue, and all this info and suggestions - while intended to be helpful - is confusing me more.

I'm done and have given up. I took the first dose of Bactrim DS and pray it's an ear infection after all. If things don't work out for me, well, that's life. Thank you to anyone who tried to help.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:17 PM

48,643 posts, read 35,131,279 times
My late husband once had a toothache and an earache simultaneously after having dental work done.

It was hard to know which one actually needed treatment. That turned out to be a cracked tooth the dentist missed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies