Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 10:16 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,784,210 times

Advertisements

I don't have an allergy to anything (except maybe besides some hair products). Allergies are instant. Food intolerance causes things like acne. I was suffering from acne on the lower right jaw for a long time. I eliminated wheat and dairy but was still getting acne. It took me a while to figure out that the problem was coming from peanuts. I was on vacation and was eating wheat and dairy regularly but no peanuts. When I came back I had peanut butter everyday for 5 days and broke out in red, painful, cystic acne all over my lower right jaw. I avoid peanut products now like the plague and my lower right jaw has been clear. I still try and avoid wheat and dairy but I was on vacation again for the last two weeks and couldn't really avoid them as much as I wanted. I still haven't really broke out. I never had clear skin but my skin looks a lot better than when I was eating peanuts.

I was wondering if the culprit was peanut products all along? I read online to eat a food product you think you're intolerant to for 3 days straight and see what happens. I have definitely been eating wheat and dairy for 3 days straight and didn't really break out. I did get a pimple today but it's nothing like when I was eating peanuts. I'm tempted to bring dairy and some wheat products back into my regular diet, especially yogurt. Is 3 days really a good indicator to determine whether or not it would be safe? I'm wondering if dairy products would affect me much later, like a month later, since they could affect the hormones in women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 02:38 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,910,532 times
One of my kids gets acne on her chin and jaw when she eats a lot of oily foods. Maybe that's what's causing your issue? She's found that if she washes her face right after eating oily food, she's less likely to break out.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:03 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,746,880 times
Just one addition: allergies are not necessarily instant. There are delayed allergies that can crop up a few days later. That's what makes it so hard to recognize food allergies. That headache that you get for no known reason might be from something you ate a few days ago!

Old 02-15-2017, 06:44 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
I used to eat salted peanuts a lot and got those cystic pimples. A friend told me she had the same problem but it was cured when she quit eating commercial salt on foods. So I eliminated salt and the pimples went away and did not come back. So it might be the salt for you, not the peanuts. Just a thought...

Last edited by staywarm2; 02-15-2017 at 06:58 PM..

Old 03-07-2017, 07:12 PM

13 posts, read 24,833 times
Get tested! I was tested for food sensitivities last summer by an allergy and immunology doctor and my mind was blown with the results. I have since picked up the Whole30 and tried it out...among many things that improved, 2 weeks in my skin was perfectly clear. I went off the Whole30 and within a week my skin was broken out again.

Milk, Peanuts, Corn, Lamb, Oysters, Blueberries, Green Beans and.....Celery..... if you can believe it were all on my list. I feel like a completely different person since making a conscious effort to remove these items. My thinking is more clear, more energy, I need less sleep, my weird little skin rashes that pop up from time to time have disappeared, I sleep more soundly and I am not as irritable.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-08-2017, 12:24 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,388,478 times
I was tested and though I have many types of allergic reactions--congestion, headache, etc., the allergy pin prick test show no sensitivities. Very frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies