Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:24 AM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirVineS View Post
I think everyone is allergic to ARTIFICIAL sweetners but not everyone outwardly shows the symptoms. They were not researched extensively for human consumption. The studies that were done showed they are very dangerous.

ONE lousy study was submitted to the FDA to contradict their findings that acesulfame was safe.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1570055/

In that study, they used Sprague-Dawley rates to suggest acesulfame was carcinogenic, but that strain of rats has an extremely high rate of spontaneous cancers (25-50%). https://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/33/11/2768 Fake science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 07:08 AM

5,863 posts, read 11,917,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
ONE lousy study was submitted to the FDA to contradict their findings that acesulfame was safe.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1570055/

In that study, they used Sprague-Dawley rates to suggest acesulfame was carcinogenic, but that strain of rats has an extremely high rate of spontaneous cancers (25-50%). https://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/33/11/2768 Fake science.
What's really scary is that AceK has worked its way into almost every product that is low calorie or low sugar. It's even in diet 7-Up now, one of the few diet drinks I used to consume. People looking to avoid artificial sweeteners are usually looking at the label for sucralose or aspartame. Not much at all has been published about AceK and it wouldn't surprise me to know this stuff is toxic given what it does to my body.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:25 AM

22 posts, read 30,891 times
Weird... Hmm, I'm allergic to those Strawberry Shortcake Good Humour Bars. I have no idea what's in them, but the doctor seemed to believe it was the artificial strawberry flavoring.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:56 AM

1 posts, read 745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorose View Post
Can anyone suggest a cold medicine that does not contain artificial sweeteners? When I get sick it is usually for just a couple of days, but this past week I have been miserable because I cannot find any medicines without the stuff. Eventhe medicines for kids contain it. I wish I knew how to start a letter campaign to get artificial sweeteners further researched. It is becoming an epidemic and the government is turning a blind eye.

Although I will share some good news. If anyone has a Kroger brand store near them and wish to have reduced calorie/reduced sugar items, Kroger has started making these items without artificial sweeteners. My sister bought some light syrup and I didnt even have to read to ingredient list. That's because right on the front label it stated "No Artificial Ingredients". Congrats to Kroger for taking consumer health into consideration, not just the bottom line.

The active ingredient in the Creomulsion formula, dexotromethorphan, is the strongest cough suppresant available without prescription. the product contains no dyes, no alcohol, and no artificial sweeteners. Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold.

Creomulsion for Adults – Creomulsion

Old 12-30-2020, 10:32 AM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
It's amazing how bad reactions can be.

Last edited by military spouse; 12-30-2020 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: had already provided info

Old 01-04-2021, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 604 times
Here is a site i put up.

Al

[url=http://aspartametestimonials.com]Aspartame Testimonials[/url]

Old 03-09-2021, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 546 times
Hi I'm new her but have taken omeprazole for years now I can't find any brand without artificial sweeteners I get heart palpitations from any sweeteners including sorbitol and mannitol as well as fructose and sucrose and the main brands. Even Gaviscon now has mannitol in it
I am now finding it quite difficult to find anything they even added saccharin to my regular toothpaste which I had been using for years I cannot understand it why are they doing this
Where can I get an antacid without these sweeteners its just beyond me
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies