Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM

292 posts, read 933,866 times

Advertisements

Years back I had bought a book on juice fasting. I used to do this for up to 10 days twice a year. The first 3 days were tough but after that it wasn't as bad. I did have sleeplessness and was very cold at night. I would also take milk thistle capsules to help support the liver. The book suggested things like sitting in the sun each day, dry skin brushing and resting during the day. It also suggested when you started to feel drained to take a teaspoon of honey.
Since then I had heard this is no longer considered to be a good idea to fast like this. I had read there are other ways to cleanse the body. You can read about this in the Fat flush plan book by Ann Louise Gittleman. She's got a beginning cleansing phase you can start out with.
I received good health benefits from both ways. Guess it's a personal thing.
Jean

OH...I also had the colonoscopy done this year and I get the humor in the comment about it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
Default The other side of the story!

In regard to Getting A Colonoscopy.

I'd like to introduce another point of view with this quote from Mike Adams:
Screening and treatment = Recruiting and profit-taking
With the cancer industry, the entire focus is on "screening" and "treatment." Those terms can be more accurately translated into "recruiting" and "profit-taking." Screening is simply a way to recruit patients into a highly profitable assembly line of cancer treatments which offer no cures and no prevention, only the "management" of the disease so that the maximum profits can be extracted from the patient without actually eliminating their disease. It's quite a clever scam, and it explains why screening is so often offered for free: It's just like a crack dealer offering a free hit, but only once. After you're hooked, you gotta pay.
The cancer industry tries to promote this "recruiting & profit-taking" propaganda through lies like, "Early detection saves lives." Oh really? Actually, early detection generates more profits, since 9 out of 10 "early detection" positives are, in fact, completely bogus. The cancer detection technology today is so incredibly advanced that it can even detect cancers that aren't there! (And then the patient is urged to undergo chemotherapy "just in case.")
The other side of the story.....Food for thought.

blessings....Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-30-2007 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: spelling errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine