Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 07:44 PM

706 posts, read 758,181 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: deleted rude quote

Well, at any rate, it is a valid question, so I will address it. The Navarro testing doesn't tell you *where* the cancer is in your body. It can only give you levels of growth hormone in your urine (I should have little to none since I don't have my female reproductive parts anymore and there's no way I can get pregnant). I have only prior medical diagnostics plus my own knowledge and intuition to go on besides the HCG levels. The majority of my cancer is likely breast and possibly/probably colon/other lower areas. I have had the most problems with them over the years. I was dx'ed with precancerous breast tissue a long time ago, and the mammograms probably just made it worse. It was a couple years after those (after I stopped seeing them) that I felt something was really wrong with my breast area/lymph nodes. The lower areas are rather personal and I'm not going to divulge those symptoms.

I'm actually okay with not knowing *exactly* where the cancer is in my body at this point. Cancer is cancer, unless it's in a critical area (like the brain or spine). In those cases, time is of the essence. I'm not dealing with that, so I don't feel the absolute need to put a label on my problems by having conventional diagnostics performed. I *know* there are problems and that's all I need to know to do something about it. It's not like I'm doing anything drastic or harmful. I did have an issue with one supplement, which I'll be discussing at a later time--but on the whole, I'm still here to talk about what I've gone through for a decade and I think that says a lot considering just how sick I've been. This whole cancer bit...it's nothing compared to the years of dysfunction and disability from the IPL. At least this is something I can control a little more. I feel fortunate that I'm intuitive and smart enough to have caught this early. It makes it much easier to handle, for me in my situation.

Considering how much better I feel now than I did starting out in 2011, I have *no* doubt in my mind that my regimen has been worth it. I spend way less money on my self-care than I would doing conventional treatments, and it's been money well-spent. Half of this stuff is supplements/foods I should already be taking to prevent cancer. I was just not thinking about the subject when I was going through the worst of the IPL effects.

So yeah, kiddies--if you absolutely *must* know where your cancer is located, you should probably stick with conventional diagnostics.

Last edited by in_newengland; 06-07-2016 at 10:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: If you believe doing what you have chosen is the right choice why does it matter what anyone else thinks?
It doesn't really matter. I'm just replying to the comments left for me.

Quote:
Honestly, you brought on the replies you don't like simply because of your choice to announce to everyone who reads this part of the forum that you made the choice to treat yourself for an unknown positive, unknown where, unknown cancer.
Hopefully your choices work out as you hope.
Bless you.
Thank you. There is much to say about my situation. I already had that first long post written out. I started with that because it was easiest for me. I am in the process of filling in the blanks, as I have time. I was hoping that I wouldn't get trolled in the meantime, but whatever.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:41 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You're spending on a cancer "cure" when in reality you do not have cancer. Whatever you're spending on this "cure" is wasted money. What you're doing is "curing" something you don't have based on a test that's been deemed inaccurate and useless by anyone who takes the time to question the "science" behind it. All your doing is lining the pockets of a snake oil salesman.

Now if you had a cancer diagnosis from a reputable source and wanted to use supplements as part of your therapy, that would make some sense and be worth spending money on.
I can't speak for the OP but I can speak for me. I went to go get tested for breast cancer b/c I saw something weird. Did a mammo and nothing showed up. Did an ultrasound and ditto. They decided to do a biopsy anyway and it was cancer so I did get tested conventionally. Mine was a poor prognosis b/c it was palpable--with the type I have, if it is, it decreases your chances of being healed. Also, I had a lot of pleomorphic cells, which means that there were many different kinds of cancer cells and that is not associated with a good outcome. It was also classified as a moderately fast growing type.

At this point I was so frightened that I was ready to sign my body over to the surgeon and onc Dr. but fortunately for me they began screwing up my case and got behind on my treatment program and the surgery didn't get scheduled until 2 months past dx so I had time to go see the holistic doc to see if I could just get surgery and skip the chemo and radiation and he mentioned that if I were willing to postpone surgery, perhaps we could get it bumped down to a lumpectomy or even no surgery at all. I was scared sh*tless but also enormously relieved when I did just that and the main reason I was willing to is b/c I've had bad reactions from anesthesia before and it made me unable to think clearly for weeks but the surgeon's office blew off my concerns and said it couldn't possibly be that.

So I jumped in with both feet and just did the holistic and everyone and their brother think I'm crazy but I'm doing well so something is working. Today I was at my doc's getting a vitamin C IV and overheard many interesting conversations and every one of those people feels that they're being helped by the natural approach and some of them had been to several doctors and were not helped and often told that it was all in their head. One of the women's grandmother was cured from a huge tumor on her pancreas when she did a parasite cleanse and yes that sounded too good for even me to believe but it was a first person story and not a friend of a friend type thing. The main thing with holistic is that you must follow your intuition about what to do and not do and what works for one person may not work for another. And yes I realize that the people who are not being helped by this were not there, but holistic medicine does not have the 100% fail rate that so many would have you believe and it can often help in cases where the other docs gave up. I might add that my doc gets the cancer patients who caught it early, got "cured" by conventional means, and then had stage IV show up later on when chemo can often no longer work.

Last edited by stepka; 06-06-2016 at 08:50 PM..

Old 06-06-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I can't speak for the OP but I can speak for me. I went to go get tested for breast cancer b/c I saw something weird. Did a mammo and nothing showed up. Did an ultrasound and ditto. They decided to do a biopsy anyway and it was cancer so I did get tested conventionally. Mine was a poor prognosis b/c it was palpable--with the type I have, if it is, it decreases your chances of being healed. Also, I had a lot of pleomorphic cells, which means that there were many different kinds of cancer cells and that is not associated with a good outcome. It was also classified as a moderately fast growing type.

At this point I was so frightened that I was ready to sign my body over to the surgeon and onc Dr. but fortunately for me they began screwing up my case and got behind on my treatment program and the surgery didn't get scheduled until 2 months past dx so I had time to go see the holistic doc to see if I could just get surgery and skip the chemo and radiation and he mentioned that if I were willing to postpone surgery, perhaps we could get it bumped down to a lumpectomy or even no surgery at all. I was scared sh*tless but also enormously relieved when I did just that and the main reason I was willing to is b/c I've had bad reactions from anesthesia before and it made me unable to think clearly for weeks but the surgeon's office blew off my concerns and said it couldn't possibly be that.

So I jumped in with both feet and just did the holistic and everyone and their brother think I'm crazy but I'm doing well so something is working. Today I was at my doc's getting a vitamin C IV and overheard many interesting conversations and every one of those people feels that they're being helped by the natural approach and some of them had been to several doctors and were not helped and often told that it was all in their head. One of the women's grandmother was cured from a huge tumor on her pancreas when she did a parasite cleanse and yes that sounded too good for even me to believe but it was a first person story and not a friend of a friend type thing. The main thing with holistic is that you must follow your intuition about what to do and not do and what works for one person may not work for another. And yes I realize that the people who are not being helped by this were not there, but holistic medicine does not have the 100% fail rate that so many would have you believe and it can often help in cases where the other docs gave up. I might add that my doc gets the cancer patients who caught it early, got "cured" by conventional means, and then had stage IV show up later on when chemo can often no longer work.
This is a really good addition to this thread. I wish people would stop automatically thinking that a cancer diagnosis equals death. Cancer does *not* equal death. We've just become so accustomed to that outcome that we, as a society, equate those two things. Sorry folks, it doesn't have to be that way.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post

Considering how much better I feel now than I did starting out in 2011, I have *no* doubt in my mind that my regimen has been worth it. I spend way less money on my self-care than I would doing conventional treatments, and it's been money well-spent. Half of this stuff is supplements/foods I should already be taking to prevent cancer. I was just not thinking about the subject when I was going through the worst of the IPL effects.
As an added bonus, I have not *once* puked, lost my hair, or lost my ability to go into public places.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
You know i have cancer and its always hurtful when someone like you comes along and claims to have a miracle for a cure. I disagree with wanting to know where it is because that can be important!

You THINK you have cancer but you dont know. So its not really a cancer cure since you might not have cancer.
Comments like these are exactly why I choose not to discuss my dx with folks out IRL. Heck, most people don't even know I have it because there is some hostility from those who do and either they've had cancer themselves or have a close family member who's suffered thru the arduous treatment and they don't want to hear that it wasn't necessary to go thru all that. This has been no piece of cake either but nothing close to what I imagine chemo must be like.

Here is the thing tho and it has to do with the placebo effect, which is truly the only thing that can heal you. You must believe in what you're doing or you can't heal. If you believe the treatment will hurt you, there is a high likelihood of that happening. If your mindset is to believe that conventional is the way to go, then you should choose that. Also, not everyone is capable of the mindset of being able to walk around with a tumor in their body without having it taken out--some think I'm nuts for that reason alone.

Keep in mind tho that it doesn't have to be either/or. You can use complimentary methods along with chemo and that can increase your success rate by quite a lot. The biggest problem is finding oncs who knew anything about this stuff and they will dismiss supplements out of hand because they can't be sure how they will work with the chemo. Some are more up to date tho and there is a top Washington university oncologist who works with my holistic doc for those who desire that.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:01 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Freedomdove, I must have glossed over the part about your alternative testing and diagnosis, but I don't take issue with it because I like to remain open-minded about such things.

I reread your OP and saw that you have autoimmune disease. Autoimmune symptoms can be all over the map and mimic many other things. I looked over your treatment regimen again and it's mostly the same that many people use to improve or eliminate autoimmune symptoms.

Which autoimmune disease do you have? Genuine question. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 AM

I just wanted to add that I take no issue with the OP's alternative dx either. The fact is that our medical system is broken and many people are not insured or under insured and these things cost a lot of money. I had to pay hundreds of dollars out of pocket for my testing and I have insurance. For those people who can't afford to have conventional care, it's nice to know that there are alternatives. Also, as SimplySagacious pointed out above, what helps cure cancer will also help with auto immune diseases, heart disease, staving off alzheimer's, etc. A healthy lifestyle is healthy all the way around.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:50 AM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
To head in a slightly different direction, I had a classic, textbook, high-grade, hormone-sensitive, stage-1 breast tumor. There has been a ton of research on this common type of cancer. I got plenty of opinions, and they were all the same: have surgery, go through chemo, and you'll be fine. I saw no reason to disbelieve them, and so that's what I did (along with adding in supplements that I personally researched), and so far I am fine.

Now, I have a friend who last year was diagnosed with an extremely rare tumor (connective tissue sarcoma) in his chest. There is very little research about this cancer just because it is so rare. Most oncologists never see one. It was quite an ordeal before it was even correctly identified. His doctor admitted that they might not be able to get it all out with surgery, and chemo and radiation have been shown to have almost no effect on a connective tissue sarcoma.

Yet, the doctor was still adamant that he should do all these treatments. It would have been a difficult surgery, taking out bits of his lung, ribs, and other organs, and very possibly not removing all of the tumor, which in that case would then just grow back. It would have been a very difficult and debilitating chemo (much worse than mine, which was really not so bad), with serious permanent side effects, and no promise of helping the situation at all. He chose to refuse the conventional treatment and go with alternatives, and I don't blame him at all.

Now, I don't know exactly what all he has been doing but he has gotten infusions of vitamin C, hydrogen peroxide, and other things, as well as a large number of different supplements. It has only been about six months, but X-rays have shown that the tumor is not growing. It's not shrinking either, which is what they hoped for, but at least it is not growing and the treatments he has been doing have not adversely affected his health the way the suggested surgery and chemo would have. He and his wife feel happy and positive about the way things have been going. That's huge!

With my personal situation, there is no way I would have abandoned conventional medical advice and gone for alternative medicine alone. It does upset me if someone implies that they know more about my breast cancer than my doctors did, and that I was foolish to have had a mastectomy, for instance. But I get why my friend is doing what he is doing and I definitely think there are situations such as his in which alternative treatments are a better choice.

Last edited by saibot; 06-07-2016 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-07-2016, 09:12 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Comments like these are exactly why I choose not to discuss my dx with folks out IRL. Heck, most people don't even know I have it because there is some hostility from those who do and either they've had cancer themselves or have a close family member who's suffered thru the arduous treatment and they don't want to hear that it wasn't necessary to go thru all that. This has been no piece of cake either but nothing close to what I imagine chemo must be like.

Here is the thing tho and it has to do with the placebo effect, which is truly the only thing that can heal you. You must believe in what you're doing or you can't heal. If you believe the treatment will hurt you, there is a high likelihood of that happening. If your mindset is to believe that conventional is the way to go, then you should choose that. Also, not everyone is capable of the mindset of being able to walk around with a tumor in their body without having it taken out--some think I'm nuts for that reason alone.

Keep in mind tho that it doesn't have to be either/or. You can use complimentary methods along with chemo and that can increase your success rate by quite a lot. The biggest problem is finding oncs who knew anything about this stuff and they will dismiss supplements out of hand because they can't be sure how they will work with the chemo. Some are more up to date tho and there is a top Washington university oncologist who works with my holistic doc for those who desire that.
This entire post is excellent, and the bolded part cannot be overstated.

I would also like to add that 16 years ago my best friend (then in her 40s) was diagnosed with uterine cancer, and told she had only 6 months to live and to get her affairs in order. She got a second opinion, which concurred with the first. She was devasted of course. But she didn't give up, she went to another doctor who also believed in alternative methods who said she only needed to remove a tumor (or fibroid, not sure) which she did, followed up by some unusual type of bodywork that escapes me now. Now it is 16 years later and she is healthy as a horse and looks far younger than her age.

So either the first TWO diagnoses were wrong, or she believed in the third one which cured her. So who's to say what is the overall best course to follow? I do think the best doctors are those who are traditional but keep an open mind to holistic methods. As Stepka says, it doesn't have to be either/or. We weight the pros and cons of what type cancer(or other illness we have) and proceed accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine