Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 08:09 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

The studies are grim: The Five Year survival rate of this form of cancer is 5.5%. Even those who discover this disease early (Stage I) have a Five Year survival rate of only 20%.

Injecting mice with Graviola extract found that pancreatic cancer cell metabolism is inhibited by the Graviola extract when the necropsy was done. In reading about this extract, often used as tea (called Graviola or Soursop tea) I find that it is toxic to humans in large doses, so it certainly has potency, and hopefully the anti oxidant and anti inflammation capacity for destroying free radicals.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ealth-benefits

I've ordered some Graviola Tea and am wondering if anyone drinks this, and how often they drink it. I'm thinking of only drinking this on the weekends.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:28 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Are you planning to drink this as a preventative ? If so, there are probably other diseases which also have a pretty grim outlook.

I believe that, in general, toxicity is one way to establish dosage, so basically they increase the dosage until they get some toxic response and then they lower the dosage to a safe level.

Old 02-17-2020, 01:19 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
I'd be concerned that the amount of tea you'd have to drink to prevent growth of that specific cancer would be much higher than the amount that would create other toxicity-related effects. If you haven't been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and don't have overwhelming odds of developing it, why punish your body "just in case"? You could end up with permanent damage that leaves you with an unpleasantly-compromised life. Regret is no fun either. At some point, obsessive fear of a disease can take over your life. All you end up doing is waiting for something that may never happen... right up to the day something else steps up to replace it.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:09 PM

I'm not planning on drinking this tea daily, probably just a glass on Sat. and Sun., I received my teabags in the mail and they do not even have a string attached, so I guess steeping it to the right strength/flavor will be a bit more challenging. I'm also looking at other organic teas for the health benefits.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:50 AM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm not planning on drinking this tea daily, probably just a glass on Sat. and Sun., I received my teabags in the mail and they do not even have a string attached, so I guess steeping it to the right strength/flavor will be a bit more challenging. I'm also looking at other organic teas for the health benefits.
Supposedly - the amount needed to "fight" cancer is high enough to introduce new toxicity into the body. In other words, it would need to be used as a form of chemotherapy - injected directly into your veins (or possibly into the pancreas?).

Drinking a cup of tea once or twice a week won't do you any good, at all, for any ailment whatsoever. So you basically wasted a lot of money on worthless tea. Your health benefit, therefore, will be comparable to drinking a cup of Lipton sweetened with honey and flavored with a squeeze of lemon. Except I'm guessing the Lipton will taste a lot better.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:57 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I haven't used it, but I think your plan to use it as part of a normal diet is the safest way. I'm sure you know that diet is very important to the pancreas; foods to increase, foods to avoid. Also, increasing other herbs and spices with cancer fighting phytochemicals as part of a normal diet might help, such as garlic, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and others.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Supposedly - the amount needed to "fight" cancer is high enough to introduce new toxicity into the body. In other words, it would need to be used as a form of chemotherapy - injected directly into your veins (or possibly into the pancreas?).

Drinking a cup of tea once or twice a week won't do you any good, at all, for any ailment whatsoever. So you basically wasted a lot of money on worthless tea. Your health benefit, therefore, will be comparable to drinking a cup of Lipton sweetened with honey and flavored with a squeeze of lemon. Except I'm guessing the Lipton will taste a lot better.
Thanks for your expert medical analysis. If I ever was to get sick, I would steer clear of people like you. Just your attitude has a higher level of toxicity than any amount of Graviola tea I could consume.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
I haven't used it, but I think your plan to use it as part of a normal diet is the safest way. I'm sure you know that diet is very important to the pancreas; foods to increase, foods to avoid. Also, increasing other herbs and spices with cancer fighting phytochemicals as part of a normal diet might help, such as garlic, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and others.
Absolutely, I would never once consider anything to be a "silver bullet", it is the aggregate effect of diet and exercise that keeps one healthy. There are multiple stages to keeping oneself in optimal health, and many of our 'preventative measures" (most likely supplements) provide little, if any benefits.

Great advice though.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
The advice I heard given for using graviola for medicine is that you should avoid vitamin C. I think they meant supplements.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:00 PM

11 posts, read 7,611 times
Hi everyone,

I’ve just joined this forum and discovered this thread about pancreatic cancer and alternative therapies.

Here’s a link to a documented medical case report about a patient with inoperable pancreatic cancer who stopped his conventional treatment because of treatment intolerance and switched to two alternative therapies.

Several years later he went to hospital for a totally different ailment and later the doctors discovered his previous cancer history. They were amazed he was doing so well and scans showed him clear.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5624684/

(Or you could Google pancreatic cancer eight years later )

The case report gives credit for his amazing recovery to his early conventional treatment, but they do admit that they couldn’t completely discount the possibility that the alternatives may have helped.

They also suggested that it might be interesting to conduct a clinical trial of conventional treatment followed by long term consumption of the alternative therapies

My interest in this case is that one of the alternatives was Essiac .
I’ve been taking that for over three years to help control my advanced metastatic prostate cancer, and my oncologist is amazed at how well I’m doing.

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine