Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2020, 03:08 PM

11 posts, read 7,633 times

Advertisements

I was diagnosed with metastatic advanced prostate cancer in December 2016 with a PSA score of 12 and a Gleason score of 8.

A PSMA/PET scan in December 2016 showed metastases near my aorta, oesophagus and in my groin. It* was too late for surgery so I was put on hormone therapy to try to slow it down.
After only 2 months I stopped hormone therapy because of its awful side effects.

For the last 3 years I have been taking Essiac tincture, which is made from the herbs Sheep Sorrel, Burdock, Turkey Rhubarb and Slippery Elm. Essiac has been around for almost a hundred years.

My latest PSMA/PET scan in March 2020 still shows some cancer but much less than my first scan. The metastases near my aorta has resolved and the one near my oesophagus is much smaller and appears to be calcifying.
My March 2020 PSA was 8.7, lower than when I was first diagnosed.
I see my oncologist every 3 months and he is very happy with my progress and tells me to just keep doing what I'm doing.

Please read and watch everything you can find about Canadian nurse Rene Caisse and Essiac.* There's an excellent 26 minute documentary on YouTube which tells how she helped a huge number of people who had been diagnosed with terminal cancer in the first half of the 20th century. I suggest doing a youtube search for .... essiac and cancer the story of rene caisse and essiac tea.

In her clinic she only treated patients who had a doctor's diagnosis of cancer and she did it free of charge. In 1937 the Canadian Royal Cancer Commission conducted hearings about Essiac, but it failed by just 3 votes to be approved as an officially sanctioned treatment for cancer.

In 1978 hundreds of people travelled from all over the country to attend her 90th birthday and thank her for Essiac. There's a statue dedicated to her in her hometown Bracebridge, Ontario.
I firmly believe Essiac is helping manage my metastatic prostate cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2020, 03:15 PM

13,076 posts, read 7,519,082 times
How do stop hormone therapy after 2 months?

Old 05-16-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
How do stop hormone therapy after 2 months?
My urologist wanted me to have zoladex implants every 3 months but I asked for the smaller 3.6mg zoladex implants monthly in case of bad side effects. So after the second monthly implant I decided to stop

Dave.

Old 05-16-2020, 06:29 PM

13,076 posts, read 7,519,082 times
OK, mine has Not metatized yet, after removal and radiation. On low dose lupron/eligard.
get to do a psa next week.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:40 PM

More info about Essiac...

Here’s a link to a documented medical case report about a patient with inoperable pancreatic cancer who stopped his conventional treatment because of treatment intolerance and switched to two alternative therapies.
Several years later he went to hospital for a totally different ailment and later the doctors discovered his previous cancer history. They were amazed he was doing so well and scans showed him clear.

Pancreatic cancer published case report mentioning Essiac

Here's a link to a documentary about Essiac made over 40 years ago when its ingredients were still a secret..

Essiac documentary made over 40 years ago

Here's a link to a photocopy of the original 1977 Homemakers' Magazine article about Essiac.
This was written when its ingredients were still secret too.

1977 Homemakers' Magazine Article - Could Essiac Halt Cancer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine